PDA

View Full Version : Broadband works every day except Saturday

SwgLee
05-10-2007, 18:09
Hi everyone, my 1st post here.

1st of all can i thank those who offer help and advice on this site as i am sure loads of people arnt that technically gifted like myself.

I have a virgin media enginner booked for tomorrow morning but wondered if any of you had encountered this problem before.

For the last two Saturdays my broadband has been down. I have been able to connect every ther day, well evenings after work and all day Sunday but just not Saturday.

I rang up last week and was ready to cancel as being on hold for over 40 minutes after trying for hours to connect almost put me over the edge lol but they offered me £21 off my monthly bill (have tv etc with them. very happy with tv package) and a promise of an engineer tomorrow morning.

They confirmed i had a fault when i rang them last Saturday but i dont understand why i get no issues any other day/time apart from Saturdays. Could it be over subscribed, too mnay people trying to access on Saturdays.

Anyhow hopefully the enginner will get to the roote of the problem tomorrow. Any no show by him will lead me to immediatly cancelling broadband with virgin as i play star wars galaxies online and though i still can play it okay i have noticed the speed i am getting has been poor the last few weeks and this includes internet also.

thanks in advance
lee

AbyssUnderground
05-10-2007, 20:01
Do you have a router? If so the chances are it has a time setting on it that is disallowing the internet on a saturday. It will look something like the screenshot I posted below.

sollp
05-10-2007, 20:07
Hi everyone, my 1st post here.

1st of all can i thank those who offer help and advice on this site as i am sure loads of people arnt that technically gifted like myself.

I have a virgin media enginner booked for tomorrow morning but wondered if any of you had encountered this problem before.

For the last two Saturdays my broadband has been down. I have been able to connect every ther day, well evenings after work and all day Sunday but just not Saturday.

I rang up last week and was ready to cancel as being on hold for over 40 minutes after trying for hours to connect almost put me over the edge lol but they offered me £21 off my monthly bill (have tv etc with them. very happy with tv package) and a promise of an engineer tomorrow morning.

They confirmed i had a fault when i rang them last Saturday but i dont understand why i get no issues any other day/time apart from Saturdays. Could it be over subscribed, too mnay people trying to access on Saturdays.

Anyhow hopefully the enginner will get to the roote of the problem tomorrow. Any no show by him will lead me to immediatly cancelling broadband with virgin as i play star wars galaxies online and though i still can play it okay i have noticed the speed i am getting has been poor the last few weeks and this includes internet also.

thanks in advance
lee

Dosen't work Saturdays, new cost cutting excercise, will save thousand in leccy bills for VM.

SwgLee
06-10-2007, 08:03
Do you have a router? If so the chances are it has a time setting on it that is disallowing the internet on a saturday. It will look something like the screenshot I posted below.

funny enough i got up early today (saturday) and its working. the last few weeks i have not connected until lunchtume.

thanks for the info, it gives me something else to ask the engineer
much apprechiated :handshake

lee