PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to cancel Broadband services?

ScoobySnack
04-10-2007, 19:20
i've got the 2mb internet which of course has been going down to 1mb at peak times for a good few months now.

i've been out of contract for a few months now.

As i normally have a complete nightmare getting in touch with their customer services or anyone else at Virgin Meejia i was wondering if i could avoid calling them altogether.

can i theoretically just cancel my Direct Debit with my bank and wait for my services to be cut off?

anyone got any thoughts about this?

onionterror
04-10-2007, 19:24
It's frankly ridiculous that you can sign up to an ISP online in seconds, and yet when you want to cancel you have to jump through bloody hoops most of the time.

I wish I was out of contract - I've been with Virgin a couple of weeks now and they are worse than anything I could ever possibly have imagined.

My shiny new "8Mb" Virgin broadband is actually 4 times slower than my previous AOL 1Mb connection.

piggy
04-10-2007, 19:35
i've got the 2mb internet which of course has been going down to 1mb at peak times for a good few months now.

i've been out of contract for a few months now.

As i normally have a complete nightmare getting in touch with their customer services or anyone else at Virgin Meejia i was wondering if i could avoid calling them altogether.

can i theoretically just cancel my Direct Debit with my bank and wait for my services to be cut off?

anyone got any thoughts about this?

ring and cancel it will save trouble and strife in the future

Hugh
04-10-2007, 20:57
If you just cancel your DD without cancelling your services, you will be in default for the services received until they cut you off, which will adversely affect your credit rating (not good).

If you want to leave, take the pain of calling, then send them a recorded delivery letter confirming your cancellation.

xspeedyx
04-10-2007, 21:27
Never just cancel your dd just call them and cancel