PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal Service.

themainliner
02-10-2007, 12:50
Communication is the cornerstone of any good customer service system.

I have no idea whether it is valuable for me to post in this section, I biggest hope is that other people who have suffered at the hands of NTL/Virgin Media support can offer advice on how to get my problem resolved.

I lost Internet Services on 11 September, along with most of the rest of the RG6 area of Reading. When I call back the next day the RG40 area of Wokingham was experiencing problems but RG6 was back up. I booked and engineer who attended on 19 September; he diagnosed a cable fault. I have another engineer booked for 29 September (!). The engineer stressed that I needed Works to attend beforehand and (dig up the road, my neighbours garden and our drives and) fit a new 'box'. :erm:

On Thursday 27 September I 'phone Technical Support for an update. After a frustrating ten minutes of turning on off my cable modem and confirming that the ready light was not on and the Sync light was continually flashing and having to tell them there was a cable fault (break?) and another engineer and works were booked. :dunce:

I hung up and called Customer Service, they knew I had a diagnosed issue and that works and engineer were book for Saturday and I should be in between 12 and 6. So I waited in all day and of course no one came.

I phoned Customer Service again and they recommend that I should phone works to find out what is going on and when. :mad:

Three weeks without Internet Service and no idea of when it will be restored. :td:

Any suggestions?

Mick Fisher
02-10-2007, 21:18
Any suggestions?
VM generally seem to have completely lost the plot since rebranding. :rolleyes:

I hear good reports about BE from those jumping ship because of similar issues about the lack of service.

piggy
02-10-2007, 21:27
VM generally seem to have completely lost the plot since rebranding. :rolleyes:

I hear good reports about BE from those jumping ship because of similar issues about the lack of service.

i never thought i say this but i do agree with mick fisher

xspeedyx
02-10-2007, 22:44
yeah jump ship I am looking for a new job sorry vm