PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help, please?

james123
02-10-2007, 01:16
Hello all,

I live on a small, public, cresent-shaped road, off a main road. There are no more houses on the main road after the first entrance to my road. On my road, there are only 3 properties and a conference centre, accessed up a 400 metre drive. About 14 years ago, Telewest came around and installed ducting along my road and around the general area. They even installed ducting all the way up the private 400 metre drive leading to the conference centre! Myself and my 2 neighbours all have triangular CATV access points, and there are three manholes along the road.

But (and I guess you know what's coming...)

I go on Virgin Media's website, and my postcode is 'not in a cabled area'. I phone up, I'm still not in a cabled area. I have recorded my message on their answering machine, and as of today, it is the 2nd month in which I'm waiting for an engineer to have visited the street and replied. I have bumped into 2 engineers in my area (and coincidentaly met the area manager on one of those occasions) and am told that if the website says no, then I can't have it.

I have done some reasearch around my local area and know that my nearest cabinate is about 200-250m away.

Is there anything I can do?

It sound as though if the computer says no to a VM sales assistant, then it's 'no'.
Would you know whether my cabinate is too far away?
Could they install a smaller, cabinate nearer?

Please respond if you have any advice; it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Enuff
02-10-2007, 07:38
Computer says no... :D I've no idea James, but i'm sure some of the CF members have. BTW, welcome to the forum. :tu:

AlanUK78
02-10-2007, 08:00
Hello,

I've just registered with VM about 1 week ago. Only the TV works for now... BUT.. The first 2 times I called they certified I wasn't in a cabled area... I was telling them there are "NTL" boxes all over my house, and that my nextdoor neighbour is on VM, but they still wouldn't accept it!!!

Even their website said I wasn't in a cabled area. Then, on my third call... FINALLY, they said "Oh yes, you are in a VM area"... Good start I thought...

so keep trying!
Alan.