PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of Virgin and Shaping!

nick-harper
27-09-2007, 18:42
I was trying to download something tonight and oh look, it slows down!

It now slows down mega slow and I can barely even browse the net, it has taken me literally 2 minutes to post this.

I have tried calling the premium rate line (Nice money maker) and it just rings and rings.

I called the telephone support to ask why the broadband line was not working and all I got was "I dont know sir, they will fix it" off a very nice indian lady who couldn't understand a word I was saying.

Now I know where phone jacker get their ideas from.

bonzoe
27-09-2007, 18:52
Ringing the support line about traffic shaping is a waste of time and money - shaping is not a fault but a "feature", whether we agree with it or not. Must say that it has not prevented me from surfing, I just reduce download speed slightly to allow me to surf at the same time when necessary.

AbyssUnderground
27-09-2007, 20:39
Was it necessary to start the 34897683432th thread on STM?

nick-harper
27-09-2007, 21:12
It was more of a post about the broadband "premium" line just ringing and ringing.

fatassmichael
27-09-2007, 21:14
:welcome: to the site nick, but, to be fair, at 25 ppm and 10p connection fee, would you want it ringing and ringing with no charge, or putting you in a queue and charging?

utt
27-09-2007, 22:02
The support line will ring until an agent is free to take the call. As its a premium rate line no IVR messages can be played. If its not answered in a certain timescale it will cut off as per ICstis rules

fatassmichael
27-09-2007, 23:38
Hi utt, i do understand the ICSTIS ruling on premium rate numbers, i was just posing the question of which would the OP prefer.