PDA

View Full Version : Modem Registering After Move.

frostygills
24-09-2007, 22:46
Hey Guys,

Has anyone experienced anything similar recently? We've just moved house and had our services setup today. At the same the time moving with VM, we've signed up to the VIP package, all going well TV, phone all ok, then I come to use the net. The guy who setup us up again, said that my old modem wouldn't handle the new XL BB speed and gave me a 255 modem, but said that I would still have my MAC addy setup on my ac and I'd have to call VM to get it changed over. I thought ok, after calling CS and they said I had to speak to BB tech support and after a very painful and unhelpful conversation, it was established that our a/c is still registered at our old address. BB tech support said I had to call CS again and get it changed. I finally got through to someone who said that they couldn't put through any changes on their system as it's changing. He said he would try and then they could setup my new modem. I thought this was very odd as the TV and phone both work fine at our new place. Anyway, he said it might take 48 hrs to go through and to call them back them and see if it's fixed. Luckily I managed to hang on to my old modem cabled it up, and now back on the net, but worryingly I did a speed test and I only got 3mb download. I use to be on the L BB package, so wondering if I had always had this low speed but been paying the premium.

TIA

Frosty

Mr.X
25-09-2007, 18:13
Its true the new modem needs to be registered on the system. I think this is the reason they're not able to do it....................................

Raised : 25 Sep, 2007 17:43
Name : ********** ********, Outage Surveillance Team
Ticket Number : 561380
Estimated Resolution : 06/10/2007 08:00:00
Priority : P3
Services Affected: Broadband Internet, Dial Up Internet, Telephone, Analogue TV, Digital TV

Description :
As part of our aim to improve our services to all
of our customers, we are upgrading our billing
systems.

This will mean that between 30th September 2007
and 6th October 2007 customers in ex-ntl regions
will not be able to register new Broadband
connections, upgrade packages or change any of
your products or services while they are migrated
to our improved billing systems.

We thank you for your patience during this time,
and would ask that if you intend to make any
changes to your package that you do this before
September 30th.

This work does not affect any of our customers in
ex-Telewest regions.

frostygills
25-09-2007, 20:41
Thanks for the reply, but that does say it's from the 30th rather than 25th. So it looks like I'm gonna miss out on all that lovely extra speed for another two weeks.