PDA

View Full Version : Help Downloading!

nabalamma
22-09-2007, 00:43
I am with Virgin Media, 2mb. I am using wireless from 2nd floor to the attic, so one floor.

Whenever ii try download something or watch something on lets say Youtube or Dailymotion it stop at at around 30-60 percent then doesn't carry on again. I can't download software as when i am downloading on Firefox ro IE it just stop halfway then doesn't carry on again.

It i really, really annoying. How can i solve this problem, i can't download or watch hardly anything, really can't go on like this PLEASE HELP.

cimt
22-09-2007, 00:46
Do they continue to load when connected directly to the modem?

nabalamma
22-09-2007, 12:34
I will try.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

OK i have tried pluggig the cable from the main modem to the laptop, ince i put in the virgin ceCD and follow instructions in the end it ays, Conection Error? i Don't even get internet nevermind be able to download anything

What do i do.

It is really bothering me.

Dai
22-09-2007, 14:56
I will try.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

OK i have tried pluggig the cable from the main modem to the laptop, ince i put in the virgin ceCD and follow instructions in the end it ays, Conection Error? i Don't even get internet nevermind be able to download anything

What do i do.

It is really bothering me.

Which cable did you connect, USB or ethernet?
Did you try power cycling the modem?

You shouldn't need the CD for ethernet. It should just work.

Power everything off. Power on modem and let it stabilise then power on pc.

nabalamma
22-09-2007, 16:06
I tried connecting mdem starught to computer, wehn i use CD it says error connection.

I can use it wirelessly well but i have the download probelm, so ****ing annoying.

homealone
22-09-2007, 16:15
I tried connecting mdem starught to computer, wehn i use CD it says error connection.

I can use it wirelessly well but i have the download probelm, so ****ing annoying.

you only need the CD if you are connecting via USB.

Try reading through this article

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34141404-post1.html

& try it using the ethernet connection, as described.

Dai
22-09-2007, 16:37
I tried connecting modem straight to computer,

It would help enormously if you would READ and ANSWER the questions..

nabalamma
22-09-2007, 22:57
Which cable did you connect, USB or ethernet?

ETHERNET, i don't think we have a usb cable.

Did you try power cycling the modem?

What is that, how do i do that?

You shouldn't need the CD for ethernet. It should just work.

When i connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the laptop, it does not connnect, how long should i have to wait?

Power everything off. Power on modem and let it stabilise then power on pc.
What do you mean, power what off? I think i know i will try.

Thanks for your help!

you only need the CD if you are connecting via USB.

what USB, i am using Scientific Atlantic, as far as i know i don't have a usb.

Try reading through this article

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34141404-post1.html
What does that do exectly?

& try it using the ethernet connection, as described.

The ethernet cable is the blue cable isn't it? i connect that from the modem to the alptop. No luck, do i have to wait a long time for it to connect.

Thanks for your help aswell

Internet wirelessly is working fine, is just i can't work it no wirelessly.

And wirelessly i can't stream or download anyhting, as in youtubwe stops after half way throught a 1 min movie. Or while downloading lets say Realplayer it will go 6- percent stop.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

xpod
22-09-2007, 23:15
I was always led to believe that CAPS LOCK...or indeed big block capitals like so were regarded as shouting and as such are pretty much frowned upon online.

Still........i cant hear you;)

All you need to do for ethernet is switch everything off as in both PC and modem,power on the modem first and wait a few secs till you get 2 steady "ready & sync" lights.Eth light will be lit too of course if you have one.Then boot your pc up......simple:)

Everything should work.
If not then these guys will gladly help you further i`m sure.......even without the shouting;)

Dai
23-09-2007, 00:04
Understandable I guess xpod, I was a bit short with the guy. It's been one of those days.

nabalamma, try doing what xpod says and let us know what result you get.

xpod
23-09-2007, 00:27
Understandable I guess xpod, I was a bit short with the guy. It's been one of those days.

nabalamma, try doing what xpod says and let us know what result you get.

Oh well,s**t happens....it`s over with now though so lets hope this new days a better one for you eh:)

Mines aint finished yet.....bedtime:)