PDA

View Full Version : mourinho leaves Chelsea!

DES_1001
20-09-2007, 01:16
Well just read this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm
if it's true it's good news for the rest of the premiership but bid for Chelsea!

TheDaddy
20-09-2007, 01:20
Tis already being discussed in the football thread

Although seeing as it's a massive story, perhaps it deserves it's own thread in the 'sports forum' ;)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/88/33618963-football-season-2007-2008-a-page-20.html

DES_1001
20-09-2007, 01:38
Yeah Sorry, I thought it deserved it's own thread ( and to be truefull i did a search before posting but missed that one).

Tezcatlipoca
20-09-2007, 02:23
I'll let it have its own thread... but in Sports ;) :)

Moved.

Downloads
20-09-2007, 07:07
Can't believe it really, i mean i don't think he's done that bad although it has obviously been an indifferent start to the season. I think i will just miss his personality from the Premier League, he deffinitely made it more entertaining!

Wonder who they will get in next...

What should happen now though is that the money might start flowing again if it's on players who will entertain.

BBKing
20-09-2007, 07:17
So long, 'special' one. I'm not sorry to see the second best manager in the league depart, personally, it gives us all a good chance to resurrect the Chelsea jokes we've been unable to use for three years.

skyblueheroes
20-09-2007, 07:36
Typical money grabbing chairman with no idea about football.

Russ
20-09-2007, 07:40
Didn't see that one coming :eek:

yesman
20-09-2007, 07:48
Avram Grant is the new boss at Chelsea according to 5 live

nemesis01
20-09-2007, 09:52
I don't think he is the second best manager in the league (Arsene Wenger is), what he won he did with money pure and simple, to prove himself as a special one he should come down here to Scunthorpe and make us a european club within 3 years, that would be special.

I will miss his comments, they always made me laugh, I think Chelsea will be better off without him, IMO his ego was not good for Chelsea as they have become the club everybody hates much like Man Utd were in the 90's.

punky
20-09-2007, 09:59
Didn't see that one coming :eek:

Means your season is guaranteed now.

BBKing
20-09-2007, 10:07
If he's so special, how come his brand of football can't fill the 42,000 seater Bridge for a European game but Mr. Wenger's brand can fill the 60,000 seater Grove for the visit of Newcastle in the Carling Cup?

Boring, boring, Chelsea! Personally, I hope Villa or someone come up into the top four instead of those jumped up parvenus from the wrong end of the Kings Road.

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-09-2007, 11:13
If he's so special, how come his brand of football can't fill the 42,000 seater Bridge for a European game but Mr. Wenger's brand can fill the 60,000 seater Grove for the visit of Newcastle in the Carling Cup?

Boring, boring, Chelsea! Personally, I hope Villa or someone come up into the top four instead of those jumped up parvenus from the wrong end of the Kings Road.

maybe cause arsenal have been advertising tickets all week for this game at a tenner!

boring boring chelsea, wasn't boring football what made arsenal successful under george graham. bet you weren't complaining then!

Shadow Demon UK
20-09-2007, 12:24
He get's put under a little bit of pressure and gives up :rolleyes:

Not really 'special' is he...

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-09-2007, 12:47

I think he's been under pressure since he started Chelsea and did pretty well considering.....

TheDaddy
20-09-2007, 13:34
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/88/33621194-mourinho-leaves-chelsea.html#post34399857)

He has had players bought in he didn't want, been forced to change tactics to accommodate them, been the victim of a whispers campaign waged in the press, had staff brought in he didn't want, not been allowed to sign players he did want, basically he has been constantly undermined and he still wins trophies, even Steve Bruce warned their new owner not to interfere, that’s right Steve Bruce whats he ever achieved to demand that. I'd have him right up there with Wenger as the best premiership managers ever.

Damien
20-09-2007, 13:44
He has had players bought in he didn't want, been forced to change tactics to accommodate them, been the victim of a whispers campaign waged in the press, had staff brought in he didn't want, not been allowed to sign players he did want, basically he has been constantly undermined and he still wins trophies, even Steve Bruce warned their new owner not to interfere, that’s right Steve Bruce whats he ever achieved to demand that. I'd have him right up there with Wenger as the best premiership managers ever.

Not sure if has been there long enough, also despite some problems with the buying of players he has managed to spend a lot of money overhauling the entire squad...

TheDaddy
20-09-2007, 13:56
Not sure if has been there long enough, also despite some problems with the buying of players he has managed to spend a lot of money overhauling the entire squad...

I'd agree with you about the money if it were him that were spending it, the first two seasons didn't really inspire me about him, despite winning the league, imo the sign of a great manager is how you deal with things in times of adversity

superbiatch
20-09-2007, 14:07
Apols in advance for this, just been sent it :rolleyes: :

Chealsea have just released their first aftershave, 'the special one' by you go boss

I'm personally sad to see him leave - it was always handbags down between him and rafa :D And who else (apart from kantona) could be so profound (about eggs!)

punky
20-09-2007, 14:30
To those saying he was only successful because of the money (basically Man U fans whose club isn't unknown to throwing vast sums of money into the transfer market), seem to forget he won the Champions League and domestic league twice with Porto, and that money doesn't buy you success.

Also fascinating in that he's one of the rare successful football managers without a playing career to speak of.

If he disappears from the Premier League, it will be a loss, even if just for the press conferences.

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-09-2007, 14:37
To those saying he was only successful because of the money (basically Man U fans whose club isn't unknown to throwing vast sums of money into the transfer market), seem to forget he won the Champions League and domestic league twice with Porto, and that money doesn't buy you success.

Also fascinating in that he's one of the rare successful football managers without a playing career to speak of.

If he disappears from the Premier League, it will be a loss, even if just for the press conferences.

Very well said.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004780.stm

At least he wont be skint coming up to Christmas, lol.

lauzjp
20-09-2007, 14:56
:( chelsea went downhill imho when Zola left. I think they and the premiership will miss Mourinho.

nemesis01
20-09-2007, 15:26

Is there any real competition in Portugal apart from a couple of teams, not last time I looked. He was also fortunate to win the champions league, he was minutes away from getting knocked out, ironically by Man Utd, beat a couple of second rate teams (la coruna, Lyon) after that and might aswell had bought a reserve team to the final for the fight Monaco put up.

Guess what, i'm a Man Utd fan but it has never stopped me having appreciation for those who entertain, Mourinho did that but not on the field, with him it was always off the field and that's maybe why he had no playing career to speak of.

And you say the money didn't matter, but if he had joined Charlton instead of Chelsea, with no money do you think he would have had as much success? He created a good team at Chelsea, but not a great team, not an entertaining team and by all accounts that was the final nail in the coffin.

Shadow Demon UK
20-09-2007, 15:57
I think he's been under pressure since he started Chelsea and did pretty well considering.....

But as soon as he loses/draws a couple of games and thinks he might not win anything he's gone. I didn't see SAF or Wenger doing that when Chelsea were dominating for a couple of years.

The argument that players were bought that he didn't want isn't very strong, Ballack and Shevchenko would be great additions to any squad, it just shows that he couldn't adapt his tactics which SAF, Wenger and Benitez and other top managers have to do all the time.

imo the sign of a great manager is how you deal with things in times of adversity

And he quit.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Porto never should have been in the final, i'm sure Paul Scholes will tell you that ;)

Winning the Portuguese league with Porto isn't such a big achievment, there isn't much competition

TheDaddy
20-09-2007, 18:13
And he quit.

After 18 months of speculation, I doubt many others would have put up with it as long, whilst still achieving results and it seems he only quit because they were going to sack him

Bulky
20-09-2007, 18:23

i have been a big utd fan all my life and go to Old Trafford as much as possible (when the offer of tickets is there) , in my opinion Jose will be a massive loss to the premiership , the money helps but he is a top quality manager and could
walk in to any football managerial job in the world at this moment , i bet a lot of big clubs are having a good think hiring him , sad day for the premiership .

Russ
20-09-2007, 22:06
The lads in work were suggesting today he might end up at White Hart Lane - given the pressure Jol is under, plus Spurs have a decent squad and a bit of cash, I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

TheDaddy
20-09-2007, 22:12
The lads in work were suggesting today he might end up at White Hart Lane - given the pressure Jol is under, plus Spurs have a decent squad and a bit of cash, I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

I thought that earlier, a long shot perhaps but definitely a possibility

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 11:08
Serves them right if this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7006084.stm) happens, one of the reasons he was 'sacked' was because Abramavich thought the team was becoming a laughing stock, like this has made anything better? Their owner might be rich but he lacks class, they treated Ranieri shabbily and nothing has changed, why we ever let all these foreign investors get involved is beyond me, most of them are crooks and only here for what they can milk out of the game.

Chelsea, an absolute joke of a club

Saaf_laandon_mo
21-09-2007, 11:12
Its looking more and more likely that leaving by mutual consent in this case means forced to leave (which would mean sacked in all accounts). The Chelsea PR machine know they now have a massive problem, I think they are lucky that the next game is not at home. It will be interesting to see what the crowd reaction will be at the next home game.

Shadow Demon UK
21-09-2007, 11:17
It will be interesting to see what the crowd reaction will be at the next home game.

Probably the same as against Rosenborg, a half empty stadium because all the glory hunters stay at home.

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 11:23
Probably the same as against Rosenborg, a half empty stadium because all the glory hunters stay at home.

Pretty much all Chelsea fans are glory hunters imo, you don't tend to get many football fans living in Kensington and Knightsbridge, so they are hardly supporting their local team are they?

Shadow Demon UK
21-09-2007, 11:25
Pretty much all Chelsea fans are glory hunters imo, you don't tend to get many football fans living in Kensington and Knightsbridge, so they are hardly supporting their local team are they?

But there's the fans that have been supporting them 4+ years and the ones who have supported them 1-4 years

BBKing
21-09-2007, 12:45
you don't tend to get many football fans living in Kensington and Knightsbridge

Plenty of Chelsea fans out in the south-west suburbs where I live. I'm glad to say that the younger generation are inclined more towards the Gunners, though, in my experience (the lads who have an evening kickabout opposite my house, for instance).

plus Spurs have a decent squad and a bit of cash,

I would disagree with both of those statements. I present 'swapping £16m for Darren Bent' for my supporting evidence for both points.

Mourinho might make a good pundit - none of the big clubs (we're talking European top eight here, Spurs fans) are going to be needing a manager in the next five months or so until the first Champions League exits. You can rule out any of the British top four, so that's AC Milan, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid. I'd go for Inter based on a shaky start to their group matches.

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 12:52
Plenty of Chelsea fans out in the south-west suburbs where I live. I'm glad to say that the younger generation are inclined more towards the Gunners, though, in my experience (the lads who have an evening kickabout opposite my house, for instance).

South-west Chelsea, wouldn't be nearer to Fulham than Chelsea by any chance, think I'll stick with my original statement if so ;)

BBKing
21-09-2007, 12:55
Well, Chelsea's ground is in Fulham, as any Fulham fan will bore your backside off about if you give him the chance. Fulham isn't as posh as Kensington by any means, although it's not exactly a slum.

Saaf_laandon_mo
21-09-2007, 13:05
I've lived in South West London all my life and have followed Chelsea closely a lot longer than the last 5 years, from the days of when Dennis Wise went over, Gullit as manager etc etc. I actually used to support Wimbledon in the times of the Crazy Gang, but once Kinnear left and the Norwegians came in I became disheartened. And when they moved to Milton Keynes I had enough (to me Wimbledon was always about being in South London - thje South London spirit as such) and just started taking more of an interest in Chelsea. Does that make me a glory hunter? If I was then surely I'd have started supporting Arsenal.

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 13:10
Does that make me a glory hunter?

What you asking us for? You should know the reason why you chose them above clubs like AFC Wimboldon etc

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Well, Chelsea's ground is in Fulham, as any Fulham fan will bore your backside off about if you give him the chance. Fulham isn't as posh as Kensington by any means, although it's not exactly a slum.

I know it's not a slum, very nice in fact, also has a lot more 'real' people there then in certain other areas ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo
21-09-2007, 13:14
I dont see why it makes you a glory hunter if you do not support a 'local' club. People support Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool from all over the world. Could it be because they actually like the team and hence supposrt them? Chelsea were hardly enjoying any glory previous to the Roman era anyway. It does annoy me when people say that you're a glory hunter if you follow a club outside your locality, and it also annoys me when people say you only follow a club (i,.e chelsea) cause of the money. I think more thought should go into it before making such statements.

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 13:38
People support Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool from all over the world. Could it be because they actually like the team and hence supposrt them? Chelsea were hardly enjoying any glory previous to the Roman era anyway. It does annoy me when people say that you're a glory hunter if you follow a club outside your locality, and it also annoys me when people say you only follow a club (i,.e chelsea) cause of the money. I think more thought should go into it before making such statements.

Strange comments from some one whose club got moved hundreds of miles because of a lack of support from the local community and council. Did you find it hard switching teams? I know if my club went out of business, there is no way on Earth I could support another

Don't you think the vast majority of fans abroad support teams in their country and cities first and foremost, pretty bleak future for their leagues if they don't

Pierre
21-09-2007, 13:58
I dont see why it makes you a glory hunter if you do not support a 'local' club. People support Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool from all over the world. Could it be because they actually like the team and hence supposrt them? Chelsea were hardly enjoying any glory previous to the Roman era anyway. It does annoy me when people say that you're a glory hunter if you follow a club outside your locality, and it also annoys me when people say you only follow a club (i,.e chelsea) cause of the money. I think more thought should go into it before making such statements.

I've always believed that you follow support a club because you have an affinity to them.

I support Everton, my father supported Everton, I was born and bred in Liverpool.

I can't understand people who choose a team to support, the team chooses you. How could I support, for example, a London club. I'm not from London, I don't even like the place, to be brutily honest I'm not that keen on the people either - I have nothing in common with anything in London - So how could I support a London team. In my opinion that works both ways. I don't see how anyone outside of Liverpool or Manchester could support those teams if they have no ties to the Cities or the people. They will not have the passion for the club.

Saaf_laandon_mo
21-09-2007, 14:15
Strange comments from some one whose club got moved hundreds of miles because of a lack of support from the local community and council. Did you find it hard switching teams? I know if my club went out of business, there is no way on Earth I could support another

Don't you think the vast majority of fans abroad support teams in their country and cities first and foremost, pretty bleak future for their leagues if they don't

So if your team goes out of business you stop taking an interest in another? Would you stop watching football too? As I said earlier I have taken an interest in chelsea long before the roman era, even whilst i supported Wimbledon. HArd switching teams? What was hard was seeing Wimbledon destroyed as a club and moved to Milton Keynes, following another (south)London club - that I already enjoyed watching - was not. I'd never liked Crystal Palace, even less so when Wimbledon moved to Selhurst park, so I never took any interest in them.

As far as your last point goes, Chelsea is in fact in London so I don't see why people who live in London, outside The Kings Road cant support them.

danielf
21-09-2007, 14:39
Isn't this thread about Mourinho, rather than a chance for the fan-police to clamp down on people supporting 'the wrong team'?

TheDaddy
21-09-2007, 15:07
So if your team goes out of business you stop taking an interest in another?

Yes, you'd never see me wearing another teams shirt

Would you stop watching football too?

Might catch the odd game on the telly, doubt I'd ever attend another club match, unless it was to help a club avoid going out of business, like with Orient a couple of years back, hmm with hindsight though I should have just sent a cheque

As far as your last point goes, Chelsea is in fact in London so I don't see why people who live in London, outside The Kings Road cant support them

FYI I have never said who you or anyone else can support, you choose and you have your reasons for picking them, it's no one else's business, although I am firmly in the Pierre camp with regard to choosing and being picked

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Isn't this thread about Mourinho, rather than a chance for the fan-police to clamp down on people supporting 'the wrong team'?

Its also about the club and their conduct and imo they aren't the wrong team, just wrong un's in charge

Saaf_laandon_mo
21-09-2007, 15:10
Should the thread title not be changed to Mourinho Forced Out Of Chelsea? As it stands the title implies that he walked out on Chelsea, but its clear he was 'pushed'

sir_drinks_alot
21-09-2007, 21:58
Why are the fa not on bended knee bagging him to take the england job !