PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect at all

Nate.
19-09-2007, 12:45
Been having some troubles for a while.

A few weeks back I came back from a weekend away to find I couldn't connect at all, spent ages powering down and checking cables etc but nothing. Then the connection just started again from nowhere. However since then the connection has been dire and almostimossible to view anything but the most simple layouts of sites. I put up with it as you do for a while thinking it would right itself but on Monday the connection went again and hasn't been back since.

Checking the status lights and it all seem very random, the power and ethernt lights light up and the the d/l light just flashes non stop. Every now and again it seems to re set itself like it's been powered off again and then starts the same cycle. Everything is fine cables wise and nothing else has changed.

Very annoyed. Anyone else heard of similar things going wrong?

douglet
19-09-2007, 13:00
either a dodgy modem or network outage

xkennyx
19-09-2007, 13:12
i had the same problem, from friday night onwards, an engineer came out, he said my connection in the cab ( green box at end of street ) was broken, he went and fixed it and its all sorted.

mljman
19-09-2007, 13:16
Yup, exactly the same problem here in Ashford, Kent. Very slow browsing over the weekend and now no connection at all. Everything else on the computer checks out fine.

But I ain't happy about having to pay 25p per minute to tell Virgin that their system has gone belly-up.

Still s'pose I shall have to. Grrrrrrrrr

MLJMAN

Nate.
19-09-2007, 13:33
The weirdest thing about it was on Tuesday after having another mess around with it I noticed the sync lights and ready lights were on. Tried it and it was working again, but about 5 minutes later it was gone again. Nothing since.

jonbr
19-09-2007, 13:45
Call VM while your connections are down. They should ask you for the MAC address of your modem (printed on the modem) and when they can't connect to it arrange to send a tech out to fix it.

Also worth noting that if they can't connect, they should refund the cost of the call, make sure you mention it to them!

Nate.
19-09-2007, 13:57
Cool i'll do that. What's the number?

I'll have to arrange a decent time though as i'll have to make sure someone is home or take some time off during the day. Pain in the backside.

jonbr
19-09-2007, 16:43
Cool i'll do that. What's the number?

I'll have to arrange a decent time though as i'll have to make sure someone is home or take some time off during the day. Pain in the backside.

Go to http://www.virginmedia.com/ and follow the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Mr.X
21-09-2007, 02:48
Have you checked this page
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

If you havent and a ticket has already been raised you wont get a refund on the call. Its worth checking first.