PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty accessing webmail

Crypto
19-09-2007, 10:29
Hmm. Just been on holiday in South America and had a really scratchy time trying to access my webmail.

In the same town one internet cafe would be able to access ntlworld.com and the one next door would not. Google could see the site but could not access it.

What's the deal? It was very frustrating and wasted money.

monkey2468
19-09-2007, 10:34
They may have been filtering webmail for some reason.

KevAmiga
19-09-2007, 10:47
In the same town one internet cafe would be able to access ntlworld.com and the one next door would not. Google could see the site but could not access it.

Kinda answered your own question there. Unless there was a routing issue and they were both using a different path to the webmail site (doubt it very much but hey), the issue was proberbly with either the Cafe's connection (maybe they used a proxy system hahah!), or as said they filtered out email sites to stop virus from spreading through emails (doubt that too).

Proberbly not a VM issue. Infact, almost definatly not.

Crypto
19-09-2007, 12:12
So what's the point of having a webmail account if half the internet cafes filter that type of account out? I have a seperate hotmail account and always get connected to that.

I repeat that I couldn't even get on Virgin Media's home page, let alone click through to email. :confused:

WayneMc
19-09-2007, 12:41
I am at home and my wife can't access her ntlworld webmail from her work, and I tried it and can't.

It says "Not recognised, please re-enter your details" :confused:

The pass and username are correct.

It works ok in Outlook Express here.

Any one have ideas? Is this a fault on their site?

Wayne.

UPDATE:

Found a way to access it, so it must be a problem at their site.

Click on this link and you can sign in. I did and it worked.

http://webmail.ntlworld.com/

Mr K
19-09-2007, 20:52
yep, webmail definetley isn't working. Can't log into Broadband Extras either, not that that's a loss.....

homealone
19-09-2007, 22:08
webmail is working for me, just now, I can't comment about BBxtra, though, as I haven't tried it :)

slowcoach
20-09-2007, 11:36
Webmail back up here and very fast, they must have been defragging the Windows Server. :rolleyes: