PDA

View Full Version : How do I notify VM of a fault ?

ntl.wotcha
13-09-2007, 09:19
Anyone know a way to inform VM of a faulty internet service without calling their premium rate number and being told it's my PC ?

For the last week or so my internet service has been pretty hit and miss. Many sites take a long time to respond or just time out completely. Doesn't seem to be DNS as nslookup always works without fail.

If I was at work I would suspect a proxy problem but VM say they don't use them now right ?

Anyway, if I call up all they will say is call tech support prem number and I will pay loads for them to tell me some bull**** about my PC being infected with a virus or my router is faulty.

So how do I report this fault ?

I would check the VM status page but their site is not responding to me :(

chickendippers
13-09-2007, 09:23
I believe there is still one proxy server; webcache.virginmedia.com (I think that's right).

sprattgraham
13-09-2007, 09:30
can you get on the newsgroups

fatassmichael
13-09-2007, 09:31
here is the newsgroup (virginmedia.support.broadband.cable)

AbyssUnderground
13-09-2007, 11:40
I believe there is still one proxy server; webcache.virginmedia.com (I think that's right).

Thats actually a load balance to several servers if I remember rightly as I put this into my browser and went to a what is my IP site showing transparent proxies and it changed every time I refreshed occasionally coming back to the same one.