PDA

View Full Version : OpenDNS - I think it should be here know, why..

otguk
11-09-2007, 17:48
Hi again, post this earlier today,

HI, Like many ppl I have been trying OpenDNS. I have had no problems until five minutes ago.

In my DNS order I have OpenDNS set as 1 and 2 when am not using my PC. When am the only one using it I move my routers IP to the top of the list and get to go were ever I need to.

Until just now, I was blocked by the OpenDNS servers from a web site. How was that possible? How did the router miss VM DNS servers?

DNS Server Setting (For Me)
1-Router IP
2-OpenDNS
3-OpenDNS

For others
1-OpenDNS
2-OpenDNS
3-Router IP.

What's going on with the text? I cant display it how it is typed? This post should have line breaks but does not? Makes for hard reading.As the day has gone on it has happened a couple of more times. So I just tried refreshing the page and after a couple of minutes the OpenDNS default blocking page was replaced with the page I wanted.

So I moved it here because I think the VM DNS servers for some reason stop working. Could that be the reason why web pages do not open for some pll?

It is skipping the routers settings, which are all on auto detect, so straight from VM. As my OS cant find routers DNS it move down to the next one, which are the OpenDNS ones. That is how I see it.

What am I missing!

punky
11-09-2007, 20:25
I have junked your old thread on this. Please don't start multiple threads on the same subject. If you think its in the wrong place, please PM a mod.

Thanx.

otguk
12-09-2007, 09:41
I have junked your old thread on this. Please don't start multiple threads on the same subject. If you think its in the wrong place, please PM a mod.

Thanx.

OK fine but like most things in life, they can change.

As the day went on it turned from what could be something wrong my end to VM DNS servers crashing/blocking/not working as they should (in my eyes as a non VM tech person), that's why I moved it to here.

As the board does not let you delete after a x amount of time I was unable to delete myself but your right I could and should have PMed a mod, please accept my apologies.

Cant believe nobody else finds it strange/impossible/implausible/stupid or just not happening and it all in my head :D. Were did I leave that rock...................

Why cant Adam Ford just read this and say it cant happen!