PDA

View Full Version : Additional Service?

grey
08-09-2007, 13:14
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from a three for thirty package to the (no longer available) four for forty. When i upgraded i added a mobile sim, on the web site it said the package included tv Large. This was available to new and exsisting customers taking a new service. Now I call them to ask about my TV Large and they say that the mobile sim is not classed as a new service. I was told on the second call that a "request" would be put forward for the TV upgrade. Ofcourse two weeks later and still no upgrade!
Is a sim a new service? Should I get TV L as part of the 4 for £40 package?

dave_dph
08-09-2007, 14:24
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from a three for thirty package to the (no longer available) four for forty. When i upgraded i added a mobile sim, on the web site it said the package included tv Large. This was available to new and exsisting customers taking a new service. Now I call them to ask about my TV Large and they say that the mobile sim is not classed as a new service. I was told on the second call that a "request" would be put forward for the TV upgrade. Ofcourse two weeks later and still no upgrade!
Is a sim a new service? Should I get TV L as part of the 4 for £40 package?

As far as I can see yes. As you already had 3 services then the only other one to add was the mobile sim.

The "Get it together" bundle leaflet shows only large tv as being available in bundles.

I had broadband and mobile and just last week added large tv (self install) to make a 3 for £30 package. £2 extra per month for large tv is a good deal.

grey
08-09-2007, 15:53
Argh! I just checked the VM site and the 4 4 £40 is back, and its now got TV XL as standard!
When i got my additional service it was TV L and they wont even give that to me! It says in the terms "exsisting customers taking a new service", whats a sim if its not a new service? Like dave_dph said its the only service i could upgrade too.
Damn, give the new customers XL and then welch when exsisting customers upgrade. :td:

chickendippers
08-09-2007, 17:23
Try again, you might speak to a rep who will do it for you.

dave_dph
08-09-2007, 21:33
Try again, you might speak to a rep who will do it for you.

Or select the option to disconnect when you call, you might get more luck from Retentions that you will from Customer Services.

dgardner
10-09-2007, 20:58
Hi,
I checked the website and it says an additional cable service so the sim wouldn't count for the 4 for 40.00

Lunatic Mick
13-09-2007, 17:07
Added the 300min Sim Card yesterday and just upgraded to 4 for 40 bundle from 3 for £30which now includes XL TV for 12 months. Took 3 calls to get to a UK chap who was great.

lostandconfused
13-09-2007, 22:58
i think its an additional cable service, as the mobile sim isnt on any sort of minimum term, so you could get around the adding the new service thing buy taking a mobile, getting the 10.50 off your cable bill and giving your 30 days notice.

retentions can still add the 3 for 30 package on without taking a new service, but CS cant transfer you through unless you specifically say you want to cancel

grey
07-11-2007, 12:56
Sorry its been a while to reply been bogged down with stuff.
I am going to treat myself to the 20Mb service soon as I just got a new job!:)
So its all academic now,i didnt call them back i just lost the will :(

Thanks for everyones pov.