PDA

View Full Version : virgin media on a bt line

marchello
05-09-2007, 12:31
I recently agreed to a £20 a month phone and internet deal through virgin media..or so i thought. Two weeks passed with no word and after several long calls to 0845 numbers and various excuses such as, 'there has been fraud in your area we will send it today,' I was told my router had 'perhaps been misplaced by the dispatcher.'

The poor customer service made me realise that I had made the wrong decision going with Virgin Media and tried to cancel. Their false promises infuriated me, the worst part: spending an hour on hold with a message telling you how amazing virgin media are! How ironic...

No charge should have applied as the service had not been fully activated. Nevertheless I was told that since someone had 'personally' tried to resolve my problem I would have to pay £50 along with the month's subscription, a month in which virgin provided nothing !

My frustration led me to contact the managing director Neil Berkett on Neil.Berkett@virginmedia.co.uk who said someone would be in touch. When I heard nothing I called head-office on 01256752000 where a very pleasant lady in complaints informed me that I was not a virgin media customer because I have a bt line! Apparently I have been tagged as a 'Virgin.net' customer, a company within virgin media. She seemed as baffled by this as I was but could only able to provide me with yet another 0845 number! How confusing is that?!

What shouldI do now?
Is it legal what virgin media are doing?
who is the director of virgin.net?
Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers for reading this and hope the number/email helps someone else out

goughy000
05-09-2007, 12:42
virgin media internet is definatlly a no on a BT line.

so you will have been supplied with virgins ADSL internet, which is provided by virgin.net

have you tried phoning virgin.net yet? they should have your details there and know who you are.