PDA

View Full Version : Is this usual?

Watsy
02-09-2007, 19:21
I work with a young lad that just moved house. He previously had Sky but decided to go with VM this time.

To my knowledge as best as I can recap he phoned up VM, someone came out to his house and told him they couldn't get connected up because the previous occupant hadn't cancelled their account and owed money.

The bloke that came out also said, if you can find out where they moved to and let them know they need to cancel. The lad was arguing that the previous occupants were nothing to do with him and surely it shouldn't affect him.

He ended up not getting connected & getting another package with Sky. I've no reason not to believe the lad, he's not the sort to come out with stories but I found it very strange practice.

Is it normal to not get connected if the previous occupant hasn't settled their bills before moving on? We both thought it odd that they'd lose a customer over someone elses wrong doings.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise maybe should have posted in the Installation Issues forum.

lostandconfused
03-09-2007, 08:59
sales cant setup an account at an adress if there is already an active one already there.

There is a process to sort it out, but can take a few days to sort out, and the engineer shouldnt have been sent out.

punky
03-09-2007, 09:03
I work with a young lad that just moved house. He previously had Sky but decided to go with VM this time.

To my knowledge as best as I can recap he phoned up VM, someone came out to his house and told him they couldn't get connected up because the previous occupant hadn't cancelled their account and owed money.

The bloke that came out also said, if you can find out where they moved to and let them know they need to cancel. The lad was arguing that the previous occupants were nothing to do with him and surely it shouldn't affect him.

He ended up not getting connected & getting another package with Sky. I've no reason not to believe the lad, he's not the sort to come out with stories but I found it very strange practice.

Is it normal to not get connected if the previous occupant hasn't settled their bills before moving on? We both thought it odd that they'd lose a customer over someone elses wrong doings.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise maybe should have posted in the Installation Issues forum.

Moved ;)

Another example of poor training costing VM money.

PS1
09-09-2007, 21:25
sales cant setup an account at an adress if there is already an active one already there.

they can if they want too, they do it all the time with students sharing a property?

Akia
10-09-2007, 21:26
Nope. Its one account per address. NTL used to allow more than one addess but since the move to ICOMS as the account numbers are tied to the address its not possible.

If the previous person didn't closed the account then the account should have been marked as a gone away and after a period of a few weeks the account would be closed. If someone is wanting a new account in the mean time provided they can provide proof that they have just moved in its possible for sales to get the account closed quicker by going via risk who would review the account and make a descision and then close the account