PDA

View Full Version : help a newb

castaaron
02-09-2007, 14:48
Hi all, been coming to the forums for a while now however im more of a browser but as usual most people on here only tend to post when theres a problem here goes. Ive been getting terrible download speeds for the last two weeks or so ( around 1-2 meg), im on the XL package, ive done numeroius speedtests at different times to make sure im not being managed not that i d/l much anyway, although my upload seems fine. Ive checked my config to make sure im on the speed i should be and thats fine. i have a suspicion that my signal levels might be out of range but agian i'm not technically minded. So if its not too much trouble could someone from the CF team kindly take a second of their time to look at my modem config page for me, any help would be appreciated. i'll pm the details only, thanks

chickendippers
02-09-2007, 15:44
Your signal levels don't contain any private data, so you can post them freely.

Have you tried optimising your computer? http://www.virginmedia.com/help/20mb-broadband-optimisation.php

castaaron
02-09-2007, 16:00
glad you mentioned that. I'd done it about the same time the problems started so ive just reset it to auto like it was before and all seems better. forgot about that cheers