PDA

View Full Version : diffrent results from speed tests why?

jojo3972
29-08-2007, 12:43
hiya i ahve been testing my speeds with speedtest.net and bbmax but im getting 2 dif readings, on speedtest.net im getting about 10megs and on bbmax im getting near on 20megs i dont understand how im getting 2 dif results and it beeing nearly 10 meg diffrence, i have read on here to download from news groups to get true results but i havnt got a clue wat a newgroup is or were to find one lol i download torrents and im getting max download speeds of about 150 and up about 50 but i know that may not b maxing out as toreents are dependant on how many are seeding and leeching has anybody got any ideas wer i can go to get my true speed results thnx jojoxx

southwell
29-08-2007, 12:54
Generally the difference in speed tests is that particular server not having enough bandwidth to max out your connection or you are too far away from it to get a good enough connection.

wafer_style
29-08-2007, 13:36
No speed tests on this planet Earth can be 100% accurate . There are several factors that can affect speed tests ... What i would suggest you to do is by downloading a file from the VIrginMedia UK server (click on this link to start the download : http://rnet.notlong.com) and then check the "Transfer Rate" on the download Window . Run multiple downloads of the same file and get the average speed.

xspeedyx
29-08-2007, 15:14
best to use gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk

PrO H@CkEr
29-08-2007, 15:20
use this speed tester called broadband max it measures accuratly.

spr33
29-08-2007, 17:48

Just like your spelling and grammar? :P

ECW_Original
29-08-2007, 18:06

IF you had read correctly, the OP has stated he has already used BBMax...

Maybe there is still time to get enrolled into summer school for a bit of English, spelling and grammar lessons before the holidays end... :P

slowcoach
29-08-2007, 18:34
How to Win Friends and Influence People. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

xspeedyx
29-08-2007, 21:13
here we go take the micky out of someones spelling leave it people play nice