PDA

View Full Version : Check My Super Fast 4mb Connection.......Not

jona_b
27-08-2007, 14:35
this is getting out of hand why don't they do something about it (check pic)

plasticjanner
27-08-2007, 14:44
Cracked copy of windows. Shocking. ;)

Raistlin
27-08-2007, 14:45
Cracked copy of windows. Shocking. ;)

:LOL:

jona_b
27-08-2007, 14:46
cba to phone ms up to activate it use crcak rofl

Raistlin
27-08-2007, 14:49
The phone call's about 10 minutes at most, and is free, much easier (and more legal) than buggering about with dodgy cracks.....

Anyway, this isn't helping with your connection problem is it?

What was the question again?

jona_b
27-08-2007, 14:52
well the question was why don't they do anything about it i phoned numerous times and they can't do much about it.My connection is fine between 2am and 7am then thats it bam goes slower not as slow as the pic but thats just taking the mick 12 kb's of microsoft pretty poor

Raistlin
27-08-2007, 14:57
the question was why don't they do anything about it.....[snip].....they can't do much about it

Sounds like you've answered your own question there, but I doubt that they can't, more like they won't.

You're not alone in your problems with speed, not that I expect that to make you feel any better, all I can suggest is that you keep plugging away at Customer Support and Technical Support. If that doesn't help then consider a move to a different supplier.

christopherw
27-08-2007, 16:54
Interestingly enough, VM actually seem to want to know about slow browsing speeds - that was the opinion of the level 2 tech who gave me a ringback once when I had poor speeds. If it's a consistently low speed which would be indicative of a network misconfiguration then obviously that's the likely cause, but if it's unpredictable speeds (the kind which result in 'spiky' graphs on bandwidth meter programs) then that's the kind of thing they're interested in, because it's obviously an indicator that something's a little screwy upstream.

It's also the kind of problems I've been having, and I'd put money on it being overcontention - but if they don't give me the speeds I'm paying for then I'm just gonna scream blue murder until they sort things out :D because there's no excuse for not delivering 20Mb over a cable connection, line distance just doesn't factor. Sure physical cable faults can come into it but again, that's their problem not mine. :D

I think if you have a problem and it's acknowledged by VM, you just keep plugging away and eventually you might see some success. It's what I'm going to do if problems persist.