PDA

View Full Version : Phoneline down for 8 weeks

Mike007
22-08-2007, 16:07
My mother who is a pensioner and suffers with mulitple sclerosis has been left high and dry by virgin media for the last 8 weeks,her phoneline has no dialing tones and nobody can ring in or out.

My sister and my mother have tried numerous times to contact virgins support team regarding this issue and either have been left hanging on the line or their credit or money(phonebox) has run out.

Apparently this issue has been going on since virgin took over from ntl and on one occasion an engineer was sent out and fixed the problem only for it to reoccur just 3 days later.

My mother really needs her landline as shes incapacitated and mobiles are far too expensive for her to use on her benefits.So today i have taken on the responsibility of either getting this issue fixed or i cancel all the services pronto.

I've just been to virgins site to try and make some kind of request for support but it's not been made any easier by virgin holding back on all the support mail addresses,i've tried their clunky help page but each time i try one of their avenues to get support i'm met with a box asking for information that my mother knows nothing of.

To be honest i'm disgusted with the way that she has been treated and have told her to cancel the services,problem is that she cant cancel the services without a phone or without it costing her more money.

I have written a letter and posted it this afternoon announcing our intentions, that unless this issue is resolved and that she is compensated for the last 8 weeks,that canceling all the services is our next objective.

How they can leave a pensioner on invalidity benefits in a situation like this is beyond my scope,their only solution is premium rate phone calls or a clunky help page that even i find difficult to navigate.

Bring back ntl...

Toto
22-08-2007, 16:22
ntl aren't coming back, but hold on, somebody here (MODS) with contacts in VM will be able to help hopefully.

A shocking state of affairs though to be honest, especially for an OAP.

chickendippers
23-08-2007, 12:08
Give them a call at 2pm and you'll get straight through...I realise that might not be terribly convenient, but I always ring then and always get straight through.

VM do have some kind of priority service for people who rely on the service, perhaps you could ask about that?

darkknight
23-08-2007, 12:21
I know this may sound stuipd or even harsh but have u paid the bill i have not know vm to take so long to tuen something back on 8 weeks all i am asking have u paid the bill if so find someone with a vm phone line and call 150 and ask them

spiderman2
28-08-2007, 17:04
it has tokk 8 weeks coz the fault is still not reported to VM
& being such a large firm it is impossible to pinpoint the fault on its own ...
but no worries it will dealt ASAP ...just call faults at 151

& ofcourse u'll get the credit for the loss of services as well ..
& mike plz read my PM :)

Mike007
28-08-2007, 17:46
Thanks for the replys everyone.

First of all i'll answer the billing question,the fault my mother has with her phone started as soon as VM took over,she has had 2 engineers sent out since then,one said he couldn't repair it so a few days later another engineer called and repaired it only for it to fail again 3 days later.Since then my mother has refused to pay the telephone bill but she has paid for her other services.

The latter part of the above sentence also answers another question in that the fault has been reported numerous times,i myself have sent an email and a letter plus all the times my mother and sister used the phones to contact them.Also how are we abled to phone 151 when there's no VM phoneline ??

This is the reply mail from the VM team who have not contacted her/myself since.
Hi Mrs Uncles, Thanks for the email you sent to us on 22 August 2007. We're on the caseand a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible, usually within a few days. Right now, we're busier than normal, so it may take us a little longer to respond. If your request was about disconnecting any of your Virgin Media services, we'll make sure that your disconnection date is 30 days from the date you sent your email. We?ll confirm this when we get back to you. Don't forget - if there's anything else you'd like to know, just log on to our website. It's at www.virginmedia.com Kind regards, The team at Virgin Media

Spiderman2 thanks for the intrest and i'll answer your pm shortly.