PDA

View Full Version : Very Slow to Maintain Their Network

StevenJMUK
21-08-2007, 18:53
The ticket affecting my area has been open since the 18th.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do;jsessionid=233FF52DB660DA87C6E75C1 59F828C51.jsps306p:28009?ticket=534465

When it was Blueyonder, they never took this long to fix a problem. The constant disconnects are driving me nuts.

dontpannic
21-08-2007, 19:22
Estimated Time Fix 8 Hours

Woah - keeping to schedules as usual!!

You're lucky you've always had job tickets! Our old NTL system never had those, just service status'

StevenJMUK
21-08-2007, 19:34
I've just been searching Youtube (after reconnecting again) to see if anyone is severely ****ed off with Virgin and I saw all the Uma Thurman adverts. Instead of giving all their money to Uma, they should spend it on Engineers.

Raistlin
21-08-2007, 19:36
Better still, maybe they should give Uma to the engineers as a reward for good performance - we'd see some improvements then.

Mmmmmmm.....Uma Thurman :drool::romance:

StevenJMUK
21-08-2007, 19:40
Better still, maybe they should give Uma to the engineers as a reward for good performance - we'd see some improvements then.

Yeah but they'd probably lie, like in their adverts. They'd promise Uma but deliver Nora Batty.

StevenJMUK
22-08-2007, 13:57
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do;jsessionid=3D75FD61FA27B554EA06E48 A56C4A276.jsps305p:28009?ticket=534465

They are obviously going for some kind of Guinness book of Records entry for the longest ever maintenance job.

LaineY
22-08-2007, 14:43
guys we are absaloutly bogged down with faults....

im guessing this has been the most people have saw problems with their net connections throughout their times with being with Telewest/NTL

Virgin took over and put a good lump sum in to get the networks totally upgraded... and yes some may aggree.. the network is struggling in areas or cant handle the capacity.

Vmedia have actually put money into improving it.. and the money thats been put into it.. has caused probably more hastle than upgrades in a year or 2's time will..

if you fix a network thats old and needs upgraded.. you are only asking for trouble..
theres shed loads of info on that status page these days (to which blueyonder always hid from their customers)...

if every fault on the network .. was put on that status page..

we would need to create a full new website to actually show it all..
and even at that .. it would be hundreds of pages long.

yes i totally aggree outages or capacity.. or drop offs that have been sitting for months and not been repaired is bang out of order.

but only the customers can tell us theirs a fault by calling in.. and if theres not enough calls for a specific area then the priority of the fault is not going to be high..

We dont match up faults by Postcode.. we match them up by what ubr you are on.. what cable number you are on .. then if its just the cable.. that gets logged as a fault on it. if its a full ubr.. for EG with SNR problems then that gets logged as an outage too and we get made fully aware of it.

evilmonkey
22-08-2007, 14:49
The ticket affecting my area has been open since the 18th.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do;jsessionid=233FF52DB660DA87C6E75C1 59F828C51.jsps306p:28009?ticket=534465

When it was Blueyonder, they never took this long to fix a problem. The constant disconnects are driving me nuts.

lol you should see the internal outage page..stuff their from over a year ago...

LaineY
22-08-2007, 14:51
lol you should see the internal outage page..stuff their from over a year ago...

ROFL i totally aggree lol

*NO COMMENT*

evilmonkey
22-08-2007, 14:51
guys we are absaloutly bogged down with faults....

Virgin took over and put a good lump sum in to get the networks totally upgraded... and yes some may aggree.. the network is struggling in areas or cant handle the capacity.

Vmedia have actually put money into improving it.. and the money thats been put into it.. has caused probably more hastle than upgrades in a year or 2's time will..

Nope the money originally invested when they became VM was money already put aside by the original groups (NTL and TW) VM invested just £35million into the network but shock horror the network needed over £100million to even bring it back to being completely stable. As you can tell from their present financial situation this is never going to happen, unless the new owners pump a lot of money into it.

LaineY
22-08-2007, 14:54
Nope the money originally invested when they became VM was money already put aside by the original groups (NTL and TW) VM invested just £35million into the network but shock horror the network needed over £100million to even bring it back to being completely stable. As you can tell from their present financial situation this is never going to happen, unless the new owners pump a lot of money into it.

i apologise for giving wrong info. everyone says a different story lol.

thanks for that info Monkey..

i just wish the money they make.. they would actually just Rip the network appart and get totally up to speed with it. id love to see Virgin media being the fastest cable network in the world.

The service is good for most people but FFS VM give us 100 MB con with no Traffic Management lol

fireman328
22-08-2007, 15:13
Yeah but they'd probably lie, like in their adverts. They'd promise Uma but deliver Nora Batty.

Give them their due, they are both on the telly and female, about as good as it gets for VM. Close but no cocoanut :)

evilmonkey
22-08-2007, 15:22
i apologise for giving wrong info. everyone says a different story lol.

thanks for that info Monkey..

i just wish the money they make.. they would actually just Rip the network appart and get totally up to speed with it. id love to see Virgin media being the fastest cable network in the world.

The service is good for most people but FFS VM give us 100 MB con with no Traffic Management lol

My personal opinion would be that I would have preferred it to have stayed at 10Mbit and unmanaged with slow investment making sure the quality of service remains. We are not going to catch up with areas like korea who have had massive investment from the beginning. This country has always been held up by legislation and money hungry shareholders. Its a case that if someone has a 10Mb connection they should be able to use it.

LaineY
22-08-2007, 15:50
yes... i totally aggree with that to be honest.

xspeedyx
22-08-2007, 16:48
I really dont care so many hrs that 20mb that can be used

StevenJMUK
22-08-2007, 17:46
I've just had to reconnect for the umpteenth time today. I made the mistake of trying to download a 60MB file and that seems to kill my connection much more quickly than just browsing. Perhaps I am victim to some kind of "ultra-throttling."

There is no change of the status of the ticket affecting my whole town.
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do;jsessionid=823115E4339F7C0EF8B01A9 6221A85FD.jsps304p:28009?ticket=534465

It's been going on for days and it's just not on. I think I'll put my own advert for Virgin Media on youtube.

StevenJMUK
22-08-2007, 21:08
So they estimate that it will be fixed in 8 hours. That was more than 24 hours ago. And that 24 hour old estimate was proceeded by 3 other 8 hour estimates.

evilmonkey
22-08-2007, 23:11
So they estimate that it will be fixed in 8 hours. That was more than 24 hours ago. And that 24 hour old estimate was proceeded by 3 other 8 hour estimates.

The priority fix times are a load of rubbish they have not been adhered to since the days of early Blueyonder after they laid off the 1000+ network staff nothing gets fixed in the times stated. Easiest way is to convert the hours into days and you get a closer figure.. :erm:

StevenJMUK
22-08-2007, 23:27
Is there a definitive list of ISPs, ordered by shіteness?

StevenJMUK
24-08-2007, 01:15
Another day of constant disconnects. The ticket is still open.

christopherw
24-08-2007, 02:21
Is there a definitive list of ISPs, ordered by shіteness?

ispreview.co.uk

thinkbroadband.com ;)

StevenJMUK
24-08-2007, 16:20
ispreview.co.uk

thinkbroadband.com ;)

Thanks. Today they have changed the Estimated time (of the week old ticket!) from 8 hours to unknown. Is that their idea of progress?