PDA

View Full Version : Need A New Modem Email Failure

trevortt
19-08-2007, 16:23
Hi,

I have requested a new modem from VM to replace my Motorola Surfboard SB4100 as it cannot handle the 20Mb connection but when i put the order through to them i get an email back saying my email to VM was unsuccessful!!

I have done it twice and the same this occurs.

Raistlin
19-08-2007, 16:28
Probably a daft question, but have you spoken to tech support at all?

Also, what email address are you using?

trevortt
19-08-2007, 19:54
Probably a daft question, but have you spoken to tech support at all?

Also, what email address are you using?

Well i am using their form (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/cgi-bin/formactions/uplift_customer.pl) on their website, so i am not sure what email address the form goes to as its embedded withing the page.

And no i have not phoned tech yet, i am dreading it, they are bloody useless at times.

Raistlin
19-08-2007, 19:59
I can't even get that page to open :erm:

Your best bet, no matter how loathsome, might be to pick the phone up and talk to either tech support or customer services.

Callumpy
19-08-2007, 20:05
even better idea...

configure outlook express, just add a account with your email and the virgin media pop server: pop@virgin.net , smtp: smtp.virgin.net. It should work fine

punky
19-08-2007, 20:34
Moved to internet services.

trevortt
19-08-2007, 20:50
even better idea...

configure outlook express, just add a account with your email and the virgin media pop server: pop@virgin.net , smtp: smtp.virgin.net. It should work fine

Like i said, its not my fault its something not right at VM's end.

Stuart
19-08-2007, 21:53
even better idea...

Ok, I'll bite.

Could you please explain how configuring your email account settings (which appear to work fine considering he is getting emails) help when he is getting emails stating his attempt to order a new modem has failed?

Callumpy
22-08-2007, 21:39
****, sorry i read it wrong. LOL LOL LOL LOL. i am verry sorry. and please dont bite me!

nffc
23-08-2007, 13:23

I'll bite you for using words like that at your age. :S

Paul K
23-08-2007, 14:41
Can you actually post the response you get when you try to use their email form? Might help us understand the error. If you can't contact them that way then you will have to call them.
Did you answer all the bits here:
http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/servicestatus/ambit.php

moaningmags
25-08-2007, 00:12
the reason you're getting the error is the mailbox the order for new modem is going to is full.
call tech support (make sure call credited back to you)
tell them to call 2nd line and inform them mailbox is full.