PDA

View Full Version : Vip Upgraged?

tomdatwestbrom
17-08-2007, 18:03
Recently i have brought the vip package from virgin media, as it is more cost effective than our previus package, today engineers have fitted the new v+ box and moved our old box into another room, everything is ok with these services, accept the internet, which was meant to be upgraded to 10/20 not sure which one, but definatly broadband xl, following test online it didnt seem to have been upgraded, and also a phone call to virgin which was terminated as the man didnt seem to understand the question or able to tell me if my service had been upgraded, does any one know how to find out if the update has occured accept for waiting for my next bill? As currently it is no faster than our old 1mb service?

:confused:

grimwau
17-08-2007, 18:56
Tom

type 192.168.100.1 into your browser address box
When asked to log in unless you have altered it the default is root/root.

Click on Log In and go to configuration.

If you are on 20MB (if your area has been upgraded) you will see the MDDR showing as below.

If still on 10MB speed will show as 10240000.

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled

lucadam
17-08-2007, 19:29
had the same problem, ended up with two broadband accounts and four months later still recieving two bills for £37 pounds. took me a week to get upgraded to xl broadband

tomdatwestbrom
18-08-2007, 00:10
i have a motorola surfboard and have a configurations option but different numbers and values to what you suggested? my frequency is 331000000 if that helps?

and how do i go about getting it upgraded as i only seem to get foriegn call centres who have no clue :confused:

thanks

Peil
18-08-2007, 11:11
I went through the same issue when I went up to XL - It can be fixed, and shock horror the Indian call centre can do it!!:shocked:

Take a note of the numbers you are getting on your modem , remember to check on the operational config page (3rd down on my modem anyway)

If they differ from the following you need to call em and stand your ground - just explain your a new upgrade to XL and you are not seeing the speed you should be getting, if you tell them you have checked and read out your figures that should save 5 minutes of junk from them.

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000 Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000

The key is the Maximum downstream data rate - if you chop of the 6 figures from the right it will tell you how many meg your connection is currently set for.

tomdatwestbrom
18-08-2007, 19:41
ok thanks alot, i will be on the phone again :)