PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Belkin Router, Virgin Media and Youtube

gazmac
15-08-2007, 19:03
I bought a new wireless-enabled laptop with Vista. I also bought a Belkin Wireless G Router to connect with my Virgin broadband connection (2Meg AFAIK). For most things it is ok. However, when I try to watch a Youtube video, the loading bar will only go so far and then stop, meaning only a portion of the video will play and then it'll pause and not resume. When I connect my laptop directly to the cable line, it works fine. Any solutions? The computer is an Advent 7302 with Vista Premium, 1024MB RAM and Intel T2080 Dual Core processor. Thanks

nffc
15-08-2007, 23:08
Does it work independent from the router, ie if you plug the SACM into the laptop?

Richy99
16-08-2007, 10:55
Does it work independent from the router, ie if you plug the SACM into the laptop?

OP does say it works if plugged in directly

which model router is it ?

Begize
16-08-2007, 18:10
I've seen this before on a small private LAN / ADSL line we have at work. Videos on Youtube would sometimes load, sometimes not, time out, all sorts of rubbish. Same laptop connected to the normal corporate LAN / net connection worked fine and also worked at home on my Virgin connection.

Turned out to be a firmware issue on the Netgear ADSL router coupled with Adobe Flash Player fault.

Firmware was easy but took ages of messing about with Flash till it was fixed. I had to uninstall and reinstall several times, didn't work doing the auto-download from Adobe either, I had to get a self extracting EXE file else where off the net.

gazmac
16-08-2007, 19:34
I changed the channel on the router to 2, and it seems to have worked on that so far (touch wood). It's the 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router. Yeah, it works fine if I connect the laptop directly to the router or to the modem via a cable.