PDA

View Full Version : Browsing woefully slow on the Baguely servers?

Retrovertigo
15-08-2007, 17:13
Virtually every page is timing out for me at the moment. I have tried posting private messages to people on other sites and ended up sending the same message multiple times as the sending times out as well. Only just switched on my P.C so I am not being shaped. Anyone else in the same boat?

joglynne
15-08-2007, 19:24
I am on the Baguely server but haven't had any problems so far to-day. Have been downloading smallish amounts so haven't hit any shaping as yet.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/10/10.gif

Jo.:)

diddy1
15-08-2007, 20:31
Had the same problem between 4.00 and 6.00 but seems ok now

Retrovertigo
15-08-2007, 21:19
It's still quite bad for me on pretty much every webpage I have set as a bookmark. Yet i just tested a download from the newsgroups and got maximum speed. Hopefully this won't last long as browsing is a bit of a nightmare at the minute.

iTekweni
15-08-2007, 21:38
My browsing is very slow but the pages do load and does not time out.

HiroofTime
15-08-2007, 23:46
I'm in Runcorn and on the baguley servers, I've had a crap connection for months, got worse as soon as the 20mb speed was introduced. I rarely go over 5MB broadband and I'm paying for 10MB.

Tonight at 11pm sharp my broadband froze and the picture on my Virgin box froze for about a minute, it came back but broadband was down for about 40 mins before just coming back on now. This has happened to me 3 times now, last time it was 2 days without service. Virgin Media are extremely poor, their customer service, their organisation, their indian call centers, everything is poor quality and why I'm moving to Sky Broadband next week, sick of Virgins excuses.

Retrovertigo
16-08-2007, 11:58
It's still pretty bad for me today, yet once again I get full speed from the newsgroups, but pages webpages are taking an age to load. Slower than 56k at the minute.

zc1
16-08-2007, 13:38
Hi,

How do I know if I am using the Baguely Servers, I am in Lincoln

altis
16-08-2007, 13:51
How do I know if I am using the Baguely Servers, I am in Lincoln

You won't be. But if you want to prove this to yourself then open a DOS box and type "tracert bbc.co.uk" <return key> (without the quotes). This will produce a list of machines that traffic to/from the beeb travels through. If you see a name with .bagu. in it early on in the list then you'll be connected via Baguley.

More info here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/ipaddr.html

BTW, we listen to the radio via an FM hookup and this went off for a minute or so last night. I guess someone was moving equipment about. T'internet went off at the same time.

iTekweni
16-08-2007, 21:59
Browsing speed are very bad again tonight pages opening very sloow