PDA

View Full Version : NTL:Home 100 modem reset issue

pearson1989
13-08-2007, 13:59
Hey,

I had this issue before and it seems to go through stages where it does and doesn't happen, where the internet connection crashes, and the modem will either reboot or will need to be reset manually. It used to be every hour or so that it occured and often seemed to be caused by the excessive downloads and uploads of online gaming, but not always. This morning, however, it has reset itself too many times to count, without excessive downloads, and even before i turned the PC on I noticed it had reset itself, which seems bizzare. Anyone know what could cause this or is it time I ask for a new modem?

xpod
13-08-2007, 14:37
Hey,

I had this issue before and it seems to go through stages where it does and doesn't happen, where the internet connection crashes, and the modem will either reboot or will need to be reset manually. It used to be every hour or so that it occured and often seemed to be caused by the excessive downloads and uploads of online gaming, but not always. This morning, however, it has reset itself too many times to count, without excessive downloads, and even before i turned the PC on I noticed it had reset itself, which seems bizzare. Anyone know what could cause this or is it time I ask for a new modem?

Hi.:)
If your on the 20Mb package then it`s most certainly time for a new modem i think......but then again...i just got my new one today and it`s worse than the old NTL120 so far.:rolleyes:

Good luck either way:)

pearson1989
13-08-2007, 14:51
Well thats the thing, I just read about that, but Im pretty certain Im on the up to 2mb deal, an engineer (NTL one a while back) came out before and fiddled with the junction box down the street blaming too many people were getting priority over us, and said that would sort it, and yet it carried on the same. I cant seem to remember a time when the connection was that stable even though people around me with the same connection have no issues so thats what makes me wanna jus kick the modem out the window (I know that wont help)

xpod
13-08-2007, 15:33
Well thats the thing, I just read about that, but Im pretty certain Im on the up to 2mb deal, an engineer (NTL one a while back) came out before and fiddled with the junction box down the street blaming too many people were getting priority over us, and said that would sort it, and yet it carried on the same. I cant seem to remember a time when the connection was that stable even though people around me with the same connection have no issues so thats what makes me wanna jus kick the modem out the window (I know that wont help)

Engineers "fiddling with things" sounds about right:)
If you only have the 2Mb service then that modem should be fine as far as speeds are concerned but if your constantly having problems with it disconnecting all the time then i`d get on the phone regardless.

I do have two modems now anyway so i could always kick the spare one around a bit for both of us;)

pearson1989
13-08-2007, 15:41
Damn the premium calls!! I think Ill ring later.....