PDA

View Full Version : thinking of jumping ship

smashie
12-08-2007, 23:18
So like the title says i am thinking of ringing tomorrow and cancelling all of my services and switching over to bt option3 and sky plus, have any of you done the same thing and what was the experience you had like?? was it all plain sailing or a complete pain in the rear? i only ask because i have been on cable since it arrived and have had no dealings with any company for telephone or broadband. Apparently i am only 295 metres away from the exchange and should be able to get 6/8mb from my line... any input would be greatly appreciated..

Mick Fisher
13-08-2007, 04:30
I have recently switched to Sky plus but have kept my VM BB as, unlike, my DTV it performs quite well.

My Sky plus install was not without a problem though. When I ordered I explained that it would probably have to be a rooftop installation. The agent said that was OK and they would send a special team. I was even offered morning or afternoon. I opted for afternoon and the install was booked for the next week. :tu:

On install day at 10.00am. Sky turned up without the promised phone call. Looked at what needed doing and said I would need a special team as the dish had to go on the roof. I told him I knew and that was what had been booked. He said it hadn't been booked and the earliest would be another weeks wait. :td:

Reading between the lines and by his body language I would say this is standard practice so be prepared to waste 2 days instead of 1 to get it installed. :td:

The next week on install day everything went according to plan, on installing the dish the installer had my services up and running inside 10minutes. :tu: Since then I have had no problems whatsoever and can report Sky plus does exactly what it says on the tin. :tu::tu:

Oh the joy of not having to reboot every day and I'm even getting used to switching on without the dreaded "I wonder what has broke down today" feeling.
Do I miss catchup TV..NO not a bit, I got a PVR that WORKS.
Do I miss VOD.. NO not a bit, it was full of misnamed eps of old tat and took so long to wade through all the menus that it was too much trouble to bother with. That is when it was working, of course.
Oh.. and the EPG is fast, intuitive, quite a pleasure to use.
Thanks to the way Sky market the programs in their various "mixes" I was able to get a better collection to suit my personal taste that I could with the way VM do it. The end result is I am paying less :).

WHISTLED
13-08-2007, 10:28
Reading between the lines and by his body language I would say this is standard practice so be prepared to waste 2 days instead of 1 to get it installed.

Yeah standard practice for a company like Sky to waste customers and engineers time with multiple visits :rolleyes: