PDA

View Full Version : Which SIP/VOIP provider?

dragon
10-08-2007, 21:21
As you may have seen from my other threads i've got my bt homehub modified to work with Sipgate (apart from the voicemail not being in english)

Now I'm guessing it would be possible to modify the instuctions I used and use them as a template to setup any SIP compatible Voip provider I wish to use.

I'm not sure if its possible to set more than one in the thing since its designed to only work with the 1 provider (bt broadband talk) originally.

Before I go putting credit on my sipgate account and actually handing out the voip number is there anyone else I should consider choosing as my service provider?

I'd like a geographical number + no minimum term contracts.

Acathla
15-08-2007, 14:30
This has been asked several times on the forum - have a quick search for 'voip' and I am sure you will find a few threads.

I still recommend sipgate to everyone. Only problem in over 18 months was my own silly fault. Even then, the sipgate support guys tried their best to help.

dragon
15-08-2007, 17:07
This has been asked several times on the forum - have a quick search for 'voip' and I am sure you will find a few threads.

I still recommend sipgate to everyone. Only problem in over 18 months was my own silly fault. Even then, the sipgate support guys tried their best to help.
using voipfone now :) been very happy with them so far...

Willc0
17-08-2007, 22:32
I'm also a sipgate customer. Been very happy with them.

SHUTTERED ROOM
16-09-2007, 21:18
I use voicehost.co.uk very good call quality and good support.

:angel: