PDA

View Full Version : Article in Micromart

mcgeezer
10-08-2007, 20:23
You may be interested to know that there is a very informative article in this weeks Micromart about one mans woes in moving his VM cable from one house to the other.

He drops quite a few contacts in the article, but the best bit of info I found was that he mentions if you call VM between 8am and 12pm you'll get the Welsh call centre, if you call between 12pm and 5pm you could get the Welsh call centre or a call centre in India and if you call after 5pm you'll get India.

I did'nt know that.

what?
10-08-2007, 20:52
the only time i ever get a chance to call them is after 6, and every time i have its been an indian agent iv had (so most likely indian call centre)
and more than once iv not had what i wanted
no problems with hiring any1 of any race, as long as they can easily communicate with customers!!

Tech_Boy
10-08-2007, 21:10
Funny that, cos I didn't finish till 8pm all this week, and again in 2 weeks, and every other week for the forseeable future.

mcgeezer
10-08-2007, 22:13
Funny that, cos I didn't finish till 8pm all this week, and again in 2 weeks, and every other week for the forseeable future.

I take it you're an employee then in the call centre in Wales.
Maybe the article got the times wrong then.

Tech_Boy
11-08-2007, 16:19
yup, I'm in Swansea.

Stuart
11-08-2007, 16:26
As I understand it, the indian calls centres are used after 8pm (our time), and as an overflow before then.

hairy_mick
11-08-2007, 18:00
I used to work for ntltelewest but had to leave not that i wanted too
but i remember being asked at a meeting with one of ntls top brass
whats your biggist problem i said house moves right i will have a look at that 2 years later still the same but different name.

Paul K
11-08-2007, 18:17
As I understand it, the indian calls centres are used after 8pm (our time), and as an overflow before then.

Sounds like the same set up that BT use. If too many calls come in before a set time it overflows to India, after a set tome 80% of the calls have to go to India as that is where the staff are.

TONYHAMILTON
11-08-2007, 21:22
Everytime ive had to call at the weekends Ive ended up talking to the Indian branch of Virgin Media