PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Offer

Smilie
08-08-2007, 23:47
I saw this broadband offer
£29.00 for 1st 12months (20mb)

and in ths small print/legal stuff it says:

Broadband offer - Offer ends midnight 31.08.07. You must take broadband services for 12 months. £25 installation charge applies. This offer is available to new and existing Virgin Media broadband customers taking Broadband for the first time. If you wish to change any part of your package, Virgin Media's standard rates will apply.

does that mean i can get this offer??
as thats £8 off the price im currently paying (£96 for the year)
been on the 20mb connection for years (atleast 5)
always been paying full price

always read on this site that people are getting lower prices after calling in for cancelation
think its about time i do something like this

chickendippers
09-08-2007, 00:10
IThis offer is available to new and existing Virgin Media broadband customers taking Broadband for the first time. If you wish to change any part of your package, Virgin Media's standard rates will apply.
I'm guessing that you already have broadband, so it would appear the answer is no. Although there's no harm in ringing up and trying.

grabbi
09-08-2007, 00:30
Youve been on 20Mb for years?! Wierd...

Mal
09-08-2007, 00:33
This offer is available to new and existing Virgin Media broadband customers taking Broadband for the first time. I am a bit confused over this bit...if you are taking their broadband for the first time, how can you be an existing customer?

Should it have said "existing Virgin Media customers"?

Smilie
09-08-2007, 01:45
hehe
sorry i mean i've been on their highest available speed for years

I am a bit confused over this bit...if you are taking their broadband for the first time, how can you be an existing customer?

yea thats what i mean

grabbi
09-08-2007, 01:48
I am a bit confused over this bit...if you are taking their broadband for the first time, how can you be an existing customer?

haha! Great spot there Mal!

Great signature too! being a Blackburn fan, I love it! :P

Roy MM
09-08-2007, 03:43
Sounds like bad grammer, that can work in your favour, give them a bell and insist you read it in your favour. :D

xspeedyx
09-08-2007, 08:50
you can be an exsiting vm customer with phone line and take bbi and thats how u get the offer

moaningmags
09-08-2007, 22:28
This offer is available to new and existing Virgin Media broadband customers taking Broadband for the first time.

Some customers only have telephone or television package.
That's what it means when it says taking broadband for the first time.

hokkers999
09-08-2007, 23:01
This offer is available to new and existing Virgin Media broadband customers taking Broadband for the first time.

Some customers only have telephone or television package.
That's what it means when it says taking broadband for the first time.

No it doesn't, they cocked it up. It clearly says "existing VM broadband customers". If you only have tv or phone they you are NOT a broadband customer.

moaningmags
10-08-2007, 00:13
You're quite right hokker999, I obviously misread it too.