PDA

View Full Version : scottish football

kirk1690
04-08-2007, 12:50
now that our english cousins can get a chance to watch the best league in the world where the game was invented you will really see what referee bias against the smaller clubs is, its actually in the rules of the game up here that tackling celtic and rangers players is forbidden and should the old firm be drawing against a provincial club with 89 minutes gone then the referee must award a penalty to the old firm side......... enjoy..:D

Web-Junkie
04-08-2007, 13:22
And what has that to do with VM TV Service?

kirk1690
04-08-2007, 14:53
is that 852 times you've said that ?:monkey:

Hugh
04-08-2007, 17:03
now that our english cousins can get a chance to watch the best league in the world where the game was invented you will really see what referee bias against the smaller clubs is, its actually in the rules of the game up here that tackling celtic and rangers players is forbidden and should the old firm be drawing against a provincial club with 89 minutes gone then the referee must award a penalty to the old firm side......... enjoy..:D

I didn't realise that Man U played under SPL rules...... ;)

punky
04-08-2007, 17:05
Moved to sport

xpod
04-08-2007, 17:20
Go on the jambo`s:D

punky
04-08-2007, 17:33

I thought football was invented in China, and the rules were set down at Eton College?

And when you said "must award a penalty to the old firm side" I thought they were both old firm sides, which is why they call it the old firm derby when they both play each other?

TheDaddy
04-08-2007, 19:55
I thought football was invented in China, and the rules were set down at Eton College?

And when you said "must award a penalty to the old firm side" I thought they were both old firm sides, which is why they call it the old firm derby when they both play each other?

He is talking about 'modern football' there is a Scottish book in a Munich museum that records a match with proper rules some two centuries before the Football association was set up, all well and good until the next even older book shows up I supose

punky
04-08-2007, 19:56
He is talking about 'modern football' there is a Scottish book in a Munich museum that records a match with proper rules some two centuries before the Football association was set up, all well and good until the next even older book shows up I supose

Cheers :tu:

TheBlueRaja
04-08-2007, 20:45
Scottish football is gash of the highest order by comparison to the English leagues. Its run by a self interested cartel of clubs of which the Old Firm and their lapdogs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs who control the game, even to the point of controlling Relegation and Promotion into the league.

However the real power lies with the Old Firm who feed of the rest of the SPL by buying anything that looks good / poses a threat and, most of the time, leaving it on the bench (if they are lucky) to rot at the expense of the national side.

Alan Gow / Derek Riordan being prime examples.

Prices for entry into games is set way too high, with £26 quid for a restricted view ticket to see your team against Celtic for example, or as much as £20 quid to view the likes of lower teams like Falkirk v's Gretna, you know the one - the English team that spent a few hundred thousand to make the SPL, i bet Romanov isn't caring though. A guy with 2 kids could easily end up with a 50 quid bill for a couple of hours of entertainment. Perhaps thats why, if you remove the old firm, the average gate of the SPL clubs is below 10,000.

Not to mention the bigotry of the old firm clubs, they way they act abroad and the shame they bring to Scotland with their antics (Rangers especially).

Hope you enjoy it folks, we invented it, corruption of the highest for all to see.

Russ
04-08-2007, 20:52
Look on the bright side. You could have the Welsh Football Association :spin:

TheBlueRaja
04-08-2007, 20:54
You can take the Bigot brothers if you want them...

danielf
05-08-2007, 00:30
As far as I'm aware Scottish football is in the best shape in years. Scotland have just won the World Cup. The World Cup for homeless people (http://www.homelessworldcup.org/zine/news/scotland-are-champions) that is :D

buba3d
06-08-2007, 04:16
there should be a football dictionary out, because if you look under corruption and scandals you'll clearly see it states "english football" and as for the the english game or rather the greatest league in the world (aye right) its the most ovverated piece of crap i've ever seen granted the scottish game is bad but thats not down to certin clubs its down to the morons who run the sfa/spl.

as for the old firm taking players and the gow situation, the day before rangers where to play la galaxy his grandfather passed on (but played and was quite outstanding), 2 weeks ago his gran passed on this one of the main reasons he hasn't played. and he took a knock in training.

to the OP who said you can't tackle the old firm players because the refs are biased, on saturday i counted two caley thistle players who should have seen red (2 bookable's and a straight red or another booking) one cut down demarcus outside the box (yellow but got away with it) stamped and twisted boys ankle (should have been yellow but nope) boyd got taken off and novo came on, novo gets crunched by the same player and never got booked but then the final straw came when demarcus bombed down the left handside only to quite clearly tripped by the last man, now it clearly states that if the last defender takes down his man he should see red. but got away with it.

Chris
06-08-2007, 10:23
Look on the bright side. You could have the Welsh Football Association :spin:

I had to watch a Welsh league game once, when I was a hack in North Wales and the sports editor was on holiday. Utter, utter pants. I was worried I wouldn't be able to analyze the game effectively enough for a write up as I'm no footy expert, but as it happened the game was so bad even I was able to spot what was going wrong.

Cobbydaler
19-04-2011, 00:58
Scottish Premier League to propose British League Cup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13116378.stm

After the big money then... ;)

Some other plans:

Some other proposals included in the SPL's strategic plan include:

The national team's Fifa ranking to improve from 66th to 15th within five years
The SPL's coefficient ranking to improve from 16th to 10th in five years
Broadcasting revenues to increase by 50% in five years

A bit ambitious I think...

adzii_nufc
19-04-2011, 04:06
Scottish Football is a misery and Old Firm derbies are Hazardous thanks to groups of idiots there to cause a mess rather than be a genuine fan and watch a game of football. Playing these games behind closed doors ruins Genuine supporters!

Scottish Football at its best!

Russ
19-04-2011, 06:34
English football of course has a hooligan-free past...

Chris
19-04-2011, 07:57
That, presumably, would be a topic fit for a thread called 'English football'. ;)

Russ
19-04-2011, 08:15
Or to bring balance to a thread named "Scottish Football" ;)

Chris
19-04-2011, 08:36
If we're being truly balanced I guess we also have to tip our hats at the Cardiff Soul Crew ... :D

Hugh
19-04-2011, 08:44
I thought they were mostly unbalanced....

Russ
19-04-2011, 09:42
If we're being truly balanced I guess we also have to tip our hats at the Cardiff Soul Crew ... :D

True but this thread is about a nation's football, not individual teams ;)

Arthurgray50@blu
19-04-2011, 11:06
It could work, but theres is one problem, Who would control it, At the moment Scottish football is controlled by the Old Firm teams, and it would also bring trouble.

For the smaller clubs in Scotland it would bring money, and much needed money, But then the old firm would get involved and the fans would kill it stone dead.

I went to Wembley a few years ago, to The London Cup with my sons, and most of the pubs in the area wouldn't allow Celtic fans in for a drink.

This has been cuased by the aggro that these two clubs bring with them, It would have to be strictly controlled by the clubs involved for it to work, Scottish Football is good to watch, l like watching it, but when it comes to Old Firm games, l switch off.

I would like to see matches like these, but it would have to be controlled.

Pog66
19-04-2011, 13:29
Can't imagine the likes of Chelsea & arsenal being overkeen on a midweek away fixture at Elgin City :)

adzii_nufc
20-04-2011, 01:48
Anyone remember Neil Lennon have his head kicked off by Shearer?

Chris
20-04-2011, 08:41
Someone else has it in for Neil Lennon right now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13129139

Derek
20-04-2011, 19:41
Whilst not condoning violence in any way and condemning these letter bombs 100% why is no one asking why all of a sudden this is happening?

Is it:

A - a symptom of the deeply ingrained sectarianism in the west of Scotland and it's a miracle it never happened before.

Or

B - very little to do with Neil Lennon being a catholic and more that he is a very unpleasant individual.

Chris
20-04-2011, 20:05
TBH I find Scottish football so tedious I couldn't answer that. :D What is Lennon like?

Derek
20-04-2011, 20:47
TBH I find Scottish football so tedious I couldn't answer that. :D What is Lennon like?

I'm rapidly going that way as well. :(

Angry, bigotted, Ill-tempered and generally unpleasant. There is footage of him on YouTube making sectarian slurs toward the ranger bench then spitting on a scarf from a few years back.

Him getting into regular trouble in the west end of Glasgow was little to do with him being a Celtic player and more to do with his attitude by all accounts.

Pog66
21-04-2011, 12:37
..not like that nice El-Hadj Diouf then

Damien
21-04-2011, 13:39
Whilst not condoning violence in any way and condemning these letter bombs 100% why is no one asking why all of a sudden this is happening?

Is it:

A - a symptom of the deeply ingrained sectarianism in the west of Scotland and it's a miracle it never happened before.

Or

B - very little to do with Neil Lennon being a catholic and more that he is a very unpleasant individual.

Probably A since they were also sent to two other, high profile, Celtic supporters.

Chris
21-04-2011, 15:26
Definitely 'A', as Strathclyde's finest have now warned all prominent Catholics in the West of Scotland that they are potential targets. :erm:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/bomber-is-scotland-s-most-dangerous-man-1.1097328

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Actually I think I might split this into its own thread as it's not a football issue per se.

adzii_nufc
21-04-2011, 15:28
Still does not change the fact he is a knobhead though.

Nice bit of footage for you.. Notice the title :p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

Right up there with Shearer's best strikes.