PDA

View Full Version : Pcguard

vmtech
03-08-2007, 12:33
the new pc guard will be out soon am getting training on it in like a week, rumor has it this 1 actually works and gets rid of viruses

Toto
03-08-2007, 12:34
Hmmmm, Viruses yes....Trojans, no chance, and they are the bigger threat to peoples PC's and online activity.

what?
03-08-2007, 12:43
it's still an improvement if it actually does tho
small steps!!

and at least it means ppl using vista can get some free protection on their system that we'll support. it's not the best security programme, no-one claims it is (well except the sales dep probably) but better than nothin.

Toto
03-08-2007, 12:49
Oh yes, better than nowt, no doubt. Still, the terms "as much use as a choclate fireguard" comes to mind. :)

At £14 per year subscription after the second year, NOD32 (http://www.eset.com/) still counts as one of the best AV products out there, and is a pittence in annual cost compared to the aggro it could save.

what?
03-08-2007, 13:07
yeah, obv pcguard doesn't prevent alot of issues that a charged av will

but there is a lot of people who are happy with it on their system.
i would never use it myself cause i no how crap it is (and truth be told i feel this one will end up bein no better) but some people aren't happy payin out even that extra £14 a year.

and for tehm pcguard gives them some protection they might otherwise not have

most by customers are great with comps and dont realise how imprtant security can be, and if pcguard wasn't there i dont think many of them would even bother searching the net for free programmes. they'd leave their system completely open
(and then complain that their bb was running slow)

Delta Whiskey
03-08-2007, 13:15
If it helps the majority of computer users who have no idea about security etc (and why should they, to them the computer is a tool to be used like the washing machine or TV) then it will benefit all of us who have to suffer all that sort of crud.