PDA

View Full Version : The Baguley Server Thread

ntluser
01-08-2007, 07:33
Couldn't find the old thread so started this temporary one until the old one is restored.

Anyone found an improvement in their service?

Maybe BillC under his new alias can let us know what is happening re: the resegmenting or card change.

spr33
03-08-2007, 13:57
I've kinda found a bit of improvement in service in Stoke (ST3). Packetloss is down but it's still there with some major spikes still. Speed has always been decent, can't complain about that.

Hopefully they're actually working on things instead of maintaining the issues.

Raistlin
03-08-2007, 14:00
I'm assuming that you meant This Thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33617010-baguley-server-update-is-completed.html?highlight=bag%2A)?

It *was* very difficult to find.....I head to use the 'Search' facility and everything..... ;)

AmAtoL
03-08-2007, 21:20
I can't really tell that much, at present I'm looking at about 6 meg speed which is about a third of what I'd expect.
I've got 3 peeps on the connection but it still feels incredibly slow browsing.
Gaming is still suffering.
I'd go back to 3 meg tomorrow if the quality of the connection improved.

Some days it's utter w4nk, and that's swearing :p

dev
03-08-2007, 21:28
just after the upgrades i was only really seeing ~500kbps upload, now its hitting ~720kbps all the time so i'd say there's an improvement :)

ntluser
04-08-2007, 07:52
I'm assuming that you meant This Thread (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33617010-baguley-server-update-is-completed.html?highlight=bag%2A)?

It *was* very difficult to find.....I head to use the 'Search' facility and everything..... ;)

Thanks for that,Raistlin, I did use the search facility but then we found out that the site had been hacked remember.You presumably used the search facility later than me by which time remedial action was taking place or had taken place.

Retrovertigo
04-08-2007, 10:04
Still p**s poor slow here. Browsing last night was almost at a standstill. To be honest it saddens me that the complaining seems to have slowed down. Almost as if people are resigned to the fact we will never see anywhere near 20meg. And of course with status pages claiming they are working on the problem (don't believe them for a second) then what is there to do but put up with it or sign away 12 months to someone else. VM have us over a barrel really and I wish I could go down there and grab someone warmly by the neck while they explained why I'm paying for a service that gives me less than a third of what they advertise.

dilli-theclaw
04-08-2007, 10:15
Link to original provided - thread closed.

And Retrovertigo please don't bypass the swear filter.

Jefferson T