PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for alternative contact number.

poet
31-07-2007, 15:43
Hi,

They sent the chuckle brothers round to put my neighbours broadband in, and they cut through my phone line.
After 10 calls to India (no lie) I have got nowhere, and have been waiting 3 weeks with no phone.

I can't call 152 obviously, and the 0845 454 1111 number puts me through to an English-limited lying sack of .... (justified, I have been promised 8 calls back, and never received one).

Has anyone got any phone number that will get me through to ANYONE in England that speaks my language?

Please, I am desperate here.

(and I NEVER would have believed NTL could have gotten worse, well done Branson you ..... (insert favourite invective).

Thanks guys.

Digi Tel
31-07-2007, 16:01
Use the newsgroup server:
text.news.virginmedia.com

subscribe to the following group:
virginmedia.support.telephony

This newsgroup only started on Monday so yours will be the first post. It is monitored by support staff in England, just supply your user ID / alias and they will sort your problem out. Do not post your account number, for it is a public group. Good luck.

Note: The group offers support for those who need help with their phone service from Virgin Media. Virgin Mobile support is not currently offered
via newsgroups.

nabalamma
31-07-2007, 16:14
Don't want to start another topic cos i posted it before, and i forgot the replies.

How can i keep my BT number for virging, how do i do it,on the site?Telephone?

busboy125
31-07-2007, 20:46
Don't want to start another topic cos i posted it before, and i forgot the replies.

How can i keep my BT number for virging, how do i do it,on the site?Telephone?

When i rang and ordered my VIP package. I said i wanted to port (keep) my old BT number. They sorted everything including contacting BT

mnadi
31-07-2007, 21:53
From experience, I highly suggest that you raise a complaint through http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/page_40.html your submittion will be dealt with by a senior person in UK who might be able to help.

Good luck
Mo

mrbarlow
03-08-2007, 08:32
Use the newsgroup server:
text.news.virginmedia.com

subscribe to the following group:
virginmedia.support.telephony

This newsgroup only started on Monday so yours will be the first post. It is monitored by support staff in England, just supply your user ID / alias and they will sort your problem out. Do not post your account number, for it is a public group. Good luck.

Note: The group offers support for those who need help with their phone service from Virgin Media. Virgin Mobile support is not currently offered
via newsgroups.

Thanks very much for this info, Digi tel. Is there a similar newsgroup arrangement for other services i.e. TV? I've had a problem with TV since initial install over 3 weeks ago but after lots of calls & chasing up I'm still no nearer to getting it sorted.

JHM
03-08-2007, 19:16
Thanks very much for this info, Digi tel. Is there a similar newsgroup arrangement for other services i.e. TV? I've had a problem with TV since initial install over 3 weeks ago but after lots of calls & chasing up I'm still no nearer to getting it sorted.

Yes there are numerous others including TV support.

Yesterday I posted details of a problem I have with my CM and 11 minutes later the support team posted back asking which day and at what time would I like the tech. to come round! Most impressive.

The team is based in Liverpool and is mostly staffed by 2nd line support staff.

HTH

John

poet
06-08-2007, 18:54
endless tcp ip disconnections, failing on authorisation.
Setup is right, and using my main email and password, and tried all combos.

Wouldnt mind but finally got through to an english person, and had an engineer attend today, hes taped up 2 wires, left the box in a mangled state and the phone still doesnt work.

"Oh, I apologise..... Oh I understand ......"
heard it a million times Saboo so save it....

And if I have to listen to that goddam irritating southern mash head bird on the menus
"There's just ONE thing to try if your phone isnt working ...."
again, then I may have to start killing Virgin Employees.

2 and a half weeks with no phone.

Next place, Im with BT, end of.