PDA

View Full Version : Virgin media = crap

Kindra
29-07-2007, 18:57
I have been a telewest, bluyonder account holder for many years, and have always upgraded when there new services come out, the speeds I always got were
v-good and nearlly always what I was paying for. When I heard that virgin was taking over my heart sank, I knew they would mess things up. I got 20mb as soon as it was available in the Barnsley area and I have never got anywhere near that speed infact its got slower from my last connection of 10 mb, i'm lucky if I get 5mb now. And speeking to there tech support people (who IMO are mallets), they just got no idea at all. All they do is put you onto a web site check your speed and say yes nothing wrong with it. Well there is and always has been a problem with it.. I't absolutly ****E

New customers be warned This is not the old bluyonder cable from before, this is the new ****e virgin media. Keep away and look elsewhere. For the first time I have started to look at other packeges.

K..............
Barnsley

Graham M
29-07-2007, 18:57
Erm it's the same company? Same network, nothing's changed!

cimt
29-07-2007, 18:59
Erm it's the same company? Same network, nothing's changed!

Apart from the name..... :erm: I mean, I always thought it was only changing it's name. I never knew about Virgin taking over.

Welcome to the forum anyways! I'm sure members will be able to help you.

Kindra
29-07-2007, 19:05
Virgin has bought telewest havn't they?

ladyboy
29-07-2007, 19:09
Virgin has bought telewest havn't they?

no telewest merged with ntl and the joint company purchased virgin mobile as a way of getting the licence to use the virgin brand.correct me if im wrong but i thought thats what happened...

cimt
29-07-2007, 19:10
Nope, Telewest formed with ntl last year to make ntl:Telewest. Then at the beginning of this year rebranded to Virgin Media. I think they bought rights to the Virgin name because of Virgin Mobile and Brandon being a shareholder?

Ah, ladyboy beat me to it.

Paul K
29-07-2007, 19:14
New name, same systems, same hardware, same staffing issues, same management issues, same problems full stop. When will people stop blaming Virgin for this when all that happened was NTL/TW bought the rights to use the Virgin brand name in an attempt to relaunch themselves. Unless the core issues that have been there since day 1 are resolved not even RB will be able to fix this.

Kindra
29-07-2007, 19:14
Ahh thx for clearing that up.. Anyway All I want is to all un-merge and go back to how it was before. now its just a bad joke :(

Agent47
29-07-2007, 19:30
[Admin Edit:-Inappropriate Language Removed:Evade the swear filter again and your account will cease to exist]

alferret
29-07-2007, 19:46
[Admin Edit]

Hmmmmmm really?????

Paul K
29-07-2007, 19:49
I wouldn't even bother quoting the poster if that is the kind of inteligent argument that they make.

alferret
29-07-2007, 20:01
True. A moment of weakness on my part :)

Rik
29-07-2007, 20:08
I wouldn't even bother quoting the poster if that is the kind of inteligent argument that they make.

I agree!

Please dont quote Agent47's posts. ;)

This message is hidden because Agent47 is on your ignore list (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/profile.php?do=editlist).

RizzyKing
29-07-2007, 20:16
Problem is it might all be the same old stuff as when it was NTL but under the virgin brand they have bought in a lot more customers and therefore what was just about managing to supply a service is now struggling like hell to do it. Still don't moan about slow 20mb m8 some of us (paying for it mind) havn't got it to find out if it is fast or slow :(.