PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Virgin Broadband.

corsa_lad
27-07-2007, 02:03
After a lot of problems during the past month ive decided to give up on virgin broadband and I am going to cancel my service, unfortunately though the service is in my old mans name and he doesn't live with me anymore, the money still comes out of his direct debit etc.
I have the account number for the broadband is this all that will be needed to cancel?
Also if somebody could provide me with the phone number ( or the link if you can do it online ) to cancel my service that would be great.
Cheers.

WHISTLED
27-07-2007, 02:24
Only the named account holder can canx the services. Data protection mate

icestar2
27-07-2007, 02:48
Yeah I think you will have to get your old man to cancel it m8.

fizgog
27-07-2007, 08:07
What's to stop him phoning and pretending to be his dad it's not as if he won't have all the required details.
account, data of birth, postcode etc.

Ring the following: -

150 from a VM phoneline
0845 454 1111 - non VM phoneline

There used to be freephone number 0800 073 0591 but people on this forum aledge these free numbers don't exist anymore, but you could try it.

PS I wouldn't phone if your after a reduction in price as they are cracking down on this practice and more than likely would call your bluff and cancel the service.

corsa_lad
27-07-2007, 13:11
Cheers for the numbers mate, not looking to get a cheaper service going to actually cancel it mate, gone for Orange broadband, not the best provider probably but gave me a decent offer so going to give them a go.
Do you know what details they will ask for??

fizgog
27-07-2007, 16:00
Cheers for the numbers mate, not looking to get a cheaper service going to actually cancel it mate, gone for Orange broadband, not the best provider probably but gave me a decent offer so going to give them a go.
Do you know what details they will ask for??

They mainly require account number, name and address also if you have a password setup then this is required (not everyone sets one up).

It also helps to have last months bill at hand so you can tell them what you paid, what services you have and if you pay by direct debit.

what?
27-07-2007, 16:26
they will give u hard time to cancel if they suspect for 1 minute ur not the account holder so if ur gona do i'd recommend getting in contact with ur old man and asking him if he knows his cus verification password, and be prepared for a lot of offers to keep u with vm. like any other provider they're reluctant to lose u and agent prob get bonuses for keeping customers.

and they may also ask for bank account details (last 4 digits of the account number) to connfirm u r the cus.

but good luck with it anyway

Mick Fisher
27-07-2007, 23:10
Make sure you also confirm your cancellation request in writing and send it by Post.
Keep copies.
Make sure you get a receipt for delivery and keep it.
Then religiously keep a check on your Bank Statements for "erroneous" DD's to VM.