PDA

View Full Version : Another virgin install f**k up!!!

lanky1
11-07-2007, 21:37
Got a very good friend who decided to get virgin installed in a property that previously had cable but had been disconected for a year or so. My m8 called em, arranged for a re installation (cables had been cut by water board outside of property). Installer came, took one look and decided that a "construction team" (presumably subbies) would need to come and re pull the cable.

So at beginning of June, date set, they waited in all day and no construction company! mate calls and plays f**k, tels em hes already been charged £25 install fee, cancelled sky and BB etc, and Virgin decide to re credit the £25 fee as a good will gesture.

Next chapter!!

After another 2 no shows! Date of 12th July given for installation, by which time m8 is promised that construction company would have been and installed cable (by 11th) to the omni outside property, so that the virgin guys can come and install. M8 waits in all day, 2pm, no construction team, and no call, FA!!!!!!!!!

I call em on m8s behalf as by this time getting totally ****ed off at 2.30pm. Told its def down for install and someone will call back.

5.30pm and no call,!!! so I give a call, get passed from pillar to post, told construction team will call, etc etc.

So far m8s had 4 days off work, spent around 3 hours on the phone between various call centres at a local rate, and now being told that construction team cant make it till next week some time.!!!

These *******s are taking the ****!!!!

Would love some decent contact details/numbers if any of you boys are in the know!!

Got impression that installs have realised its a ******* of a job, road up etc and are trying to knock it back.

Determined that my pal aint gettin **** on like this!!!

Any advice?????????????

regards

Lanky

UncleBooBoo
11-07-2007, 21:53
Yea call this number:

08702 40 40 40

Virgins broadband ain't that good at the present time so your better off looking else where or waiting to see if they sort it out!

v0id
11-07-2007, 22:58
Any advice?????????????

Yeah stay calm, use less expletives, and I'm sure one of the cableforum team will be along shortly asking you to pm them some details to pass onto one of their VM contacts

on in an hour!
11-07-2007, 23:04
woooowwhhh...this guy surely hasnt got any stars left to use on his keyboard!!!

lanky1
11-07-2007, 23:19
woooowwhhh...this guy surely hasnt got any stars left to use on his keyboard!!!

No your quite right mate I aint!! But as regional manager for worcester bosch, if a customer "kicks off" in my patch I call them and sort the issue. These lot seem to wana just push the issue away to someone else.

I dont bite, just get sick of being pushed from 1 place to the other, if some kind sole can assist they will soon see Im no ogar really!!!

regards

Lanky

on in an hour!
11-07-2007, 23:26
No your quite right mate I aint!! But as regional manager for worcester bosch, if a customer "kicks off" in my patch I call them and sort the issue. These lot seem to wana just push the issue away to someone else.

I dont bite, just get sick of being pushed from 1 place to the other, if some kind sole can assist they will soon see Im no ogar really!!!

regards

Lanky
fair comment lanky1 (by the way,whos the original lanky seeing as how youre lanky1) now that youre posts are coming down off the ceiling im sure someone will be along to help you out shortly (or should that be lankly :D)

lanky1
11-07-2007, 23:35
Well lets just say that this "m8" I refer to is a female friend of mine, and because of my current status, the Lanky/Lanky1 status can swap and change!!! You may have caught me on datacave or dudez, or even allsat previously.

Lanky/1

on in an hour!
11-07-2007, 23:42
Well lets just say that this "m8" I refer to is a female friend of mine, and because of my current status, the Lanky/Lanky1 status can swap and change!!! You may have caught me on datacave or dudez, or even allsat previously.

Lanky/1
phewww,slow down with the details of your social life lanky1,cant a girl be your m8,m8???

lanky1
11-07-2007, 23:59
Only havin a laugh!!

Just trying to introduce myself really, but on a serious note, virgin dont do em selves any favours, I asked for the name of 2 people I spoke to today and had the phone put down !! Im not really out for revenge just lookin to get the matter sorted. When youve served notice with another BB provider, lost your telly then got this sort of treatment, cant blame me for gettin a little hot under the collar?????

cheers

Lanky