PDA

View Full Version : Who's number? have i been hacked

tjsingh
11-07-2007, 09:33
Hi All,

I had 3 hours with hell with ntl in regards to an issue which is still not resolved.

I got my bill and my phone calls were high and looking at the itemised billing it showed a birmingham number being rung and weird times when im not at home.

This is crazy! i tried to explain to them and with the crap customer service they werent helpful. I had the phone put down on me twice as they just did not want to listen.

What can be done about this? it's made me very mad as i dont need this.

Has this happened to anyone in regards to unknown numbers being dfialled?

they told me it was a fax number. i dont have a fax nor i do i have no need to use esepcially 3 in the morning and when im at work

can any one advise please?

cheers
TJ

Graham M
11-07-2007, 09:39
Are you the only one living at your property?

tjsingh
11-07-2007, 11:25
Theres me and wife, we both work and the times the number has been dialled we are both not in

fizgog
11-07-2007, 11:47
Is your computer connected to the phone line on a dialup modem and do you leave it on?

Do you have Sky or anything else connected to the phone line?

Does it always dial the same number at the same sort of times?

tjsingh
11-07-2007, 14:25
Hi

I have virgin broadband, virgin cable tv and virgin phone.

the number dialled does have a sligh pattern one time in the morning then evening.
Then sometimes 3am!

Graham M
11-07-2007, 14:27
Yeah you didnt answer the important question, does your PC contain a Dial-up modem, and is it connected to the phone line and left on?

altis
11-07-2007, 14:45
Try ringing the number...

fizgog
11-07-2007, 14:48
Then sometimes 3am!

No one sleep walks do they :D

Have you tried looking the number up in google or yell perhaps to see whats at the other end.

tjsingh
12-07-2007, 09:30
Hi

No, the phone is not connected to dial up modem. Its through cable.

Virgin dialled the number and said it was a fax number