PDA

View Full Version : Christening advice

Central
10-07-2007, 20:39
Ok my son has a christening soon and we have made it clear that due to problems in past we dont want my partners step sister and brother there.

Basically her step brother in the past has threatened to kick my gf in the stomach when pregnant, has stole my gold chain and various other stuff. Her sister has only wanted to know Ashley since last week. We told her no as in April we wrote her a letter asking is she wanted to put all aside and for her to meet her nephew. She never wrote back. On the letter we put our mobile number.

Today she came into my gf's shop with her mother screaming at my gf saying what right have we got to stop her seeing her nephew. My gf asked she had not called back when we sent her the letter and she said she did not want us to have her number. so when my gf said what about a phone box she said she had no money.

We are now both worried they will all turn up to the christening and try to cause trouble and ruin it.

What can we do?

papa smurf
10-07-2007, 20:50
well families eh i know what your going thru so sympathise, obviously you cant have any bother at a christening, so how about cancelling it and re-arange it without the family knowing just your real friends etc

Central
10-07-2007, 20:57
well families eh i know what your going thru so sympathise, obviously you cant have any bother at a christening, so how about cancelling it and re-arange it without the family knowing just your real friends etc

Well the thing is the date has changed and my gf mum does not know it but I am worried the church will tell her.

Paul K
10-07-2007, 20:59
Contact the church and ask that they honour your privacy and not give details out to callers. If they were causing a nuisance by going into workplaces etc I would suggest an injunction or a baseball bat.

Central
10-07-2007, 21:06
Contact the church and ask that they honour your privacy and not give details out to callers. If they were causing a nuisance by going into workplaces etc I would suggest an injunction or a baseball bat.

How does a injunction work?

Cheers

Jules
11-07-2007, 17:13
It means that the person or persons named on it can not come within a certain distance of you or were you work or live, if you do get one make sure it has a power of arrest with it or it is not worth the paper it is written on

TheDaddy
11-07-2007, 17:22
How does a injunction work?

Cheers

I might be wrong but I wouldn't have thought an injunction would be granted in these circumstances, you can contact the Law society for clarification

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/home.law

The CAB is also good legal for advice, your local one will be in here

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm

Halcyon
12-07-2007, 12:14
You should let the church know that you don't want them there and make sure they are not allowed to attend.
It's your child, not theirs and as parents you are the ones that can choose who sees the child or not.
Don't let them bully you into letting them be invited.

I wish you all the best and hope that it is a wonderful christening. :)

Central
06-08-2007, 12:27
Well Christening is now over and it went great.

Her mother never turned up at all.

So in the past fortnight now her mother has ignored her grandsons christening and ignored her grandsons first birthday.

What a grandparent she is. I am just so glad my son has other grandparents That love him dearly.

Jules
06-08-2007, 12:52
Glad it went well :tu:

lauzjp
06-08-2007, 13:02
aw, I'm glad it went well. :tu: any piccies of the little cutie?!

Central
06-08-2007, 13:05
aw, I'm glad it went well. :tu: any piccies of the little cutie?!

Next week :D

lauzjp
06-08-2007, 13:07
:)

Halcyon
06-08-2007, 15:12
Glad it all went well :tu:

papa smurf
06-08-2007, 19:51
:tu::tu::tu:

Central
07-08-2007, 23:04
Thanks people :D

Nugget
08-08-2007, 11:53
Well Christening is now over and it went great.

Her mother never turned up at all.

So in the past fortnight now her mother has ignored her grandsons christening and ignored her grandsons first birthday.

What a grandparent she is. I am just so glad my son has other grandparents That love him dearly.

At risk of being a little contentious, she didn't actually ignore the christening 'cos you didn't tell her when it was... Mind you, missing his birthday's a bit much.

Anyway, glad the christening went okay :)

Central
09-08-2007, 10:09
At risk of being a little contentious, she didn't actually ignore the christening 'cos you didn't tell her when it was... Mind you, missing his birthday's a bit much.

Anyway, glad the christening went okay :)

I forgot to mention she cornered my gf in her workplace and got the date out of her. She knew where and when.

Nugget
09-08-2007, 10:11
I forgot to mention she cornered my gf in her workplace and got the date out of her. She knew where and when.

Ah well, in that case she's just a silly moo :)

Central
11-08-2007, 23:23
Picture of the big day

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5541/dsc8721rq5.jpg

joglynne
12-08-2007, 00:19
Beautiful picture Be*. I see he wore his new outfit. The picture will help you remember that the day wasn't spoilt by people who should have known better.

Jo.:)

lauzjp
12-08-2007, 11:38
aw, what a cutie! :)