PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart on Wii

Gareth
09-07-2007, 23:45
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10776

One of our trusted sources has given us some news about the Wii version of Mario Kart.

The game will be shown at this year's E3, which is something that everything expects anyway. What's more is that it will be release this year in Europe. Specific details on the game are still unknown - just the planned release date and the fact that it exists is known - but we will find all that out next week anyway.

Mario Kart for the Wii will be a "replacement" for Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Europe, which will sadly miss Europe this year, and it will be out early 2008 instead.
Wow, I really hope so... shame that we might not get Super Smash Bros Brawl till next year, but this would make up for it, imo.

Halcyon
09-07-2007, 23:48
So E3 is back on again? I thought it had been scrapped.
Excellent !
I look forward to see this. The Gamecube version was really addictive.

Gareth
10-07-2007, 00:10
Yeah, just not as big as it used to be... they scaled it down massively.

Gareth
11-07-2007, 23:19
Some more details thanks to IGN...

At their E3 2007 press conference, Nintendo announced Mario Kart for Wii. The game will launch Q1 2008 and will take advantage of the Wii's online capabilities, allowing online versus play.

The demonstration during the conference showed Mario Kart running on tracks from Mario Kart DS. After announcing that the game would release next year, Nintendo showed off a new Wii peripheral, the Wii Wheel. The Wii Wheel looks to us exactly like the wheel attachment made available by Ubisoft last year. The Wii Wheel will be packaged with Mario Kart Wii when it releases in 2008.

And a video here (http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/949/949580/vid_2050490.html)

thechojin
28-07-2007, 13:38
Cannot wait for this game, it looks great

Halcyon
31-07-2007, 15:16
Was playing the DS version earlier.
Can't wait to give this a go on in the Wii.
Mario Kart games are very addictive.

thechojin
05-08-2007, 19:10
They are, I have restarted the DS version to try and get gold stars for every win, it get tougher on 150cc.