PDA

View Full Version : Connect Stereo/Hi fi to Virgin????

Smiley2
04-07-2007, 11:57
Hi there,

Many moons ago I used to connect my hi fi to NTL plug box thing(!) on the wall as an aerial i.e. this box had two connectors - 1 cable went to the ntl cable box and 1 cable went to my hifi with an adaptor.

I hadn't had this set up for a few years and decided to try last night ..... and couldn't connect it.

Where I live I get a really rubbish fm signal, can't get freeview and very limited DAB, I remembered the old set up I had before and tried it but could not connect the cable to the other connector...it felt like there was something else there.. not the usual thing ...?

Is there any way I connect my hi fi to my V+ instead? I know thereare radio stations on VM, but sometimes I like to listen to the radio without the tv on!!!!

Any Ideas Please???

Ta

zing_deleted
04-07-2007, 12:06
yes you can use the phono connectors on the amp or use the optical output

Smiley2
04-07-2007, 12:15
Hi zinglebarb

Thanks for your reply - I am still a bit unsure so :erm:

Get a new cable to connect V+ to stereo/hi fi, which is phono cable or optical cable

Will I still be able to tune in on my radio???????

Halcyon
04-07-2007, 12:28
I think what you will need is a scart to scart which hooks up the Tv to the set top box but it will also have a wire that branches off and that will be the phono connectors.

Like this:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29903&&source=14&doy=search

You won't loose your radio.

Smiley2
05-07-2007, 11:20
Hi there,

Am going to get an optical cable today but just to say I can still get fm stations (about 6) using the cable point direct to my stereo aerial connection!!

thanks for your advice/help :)