PDA

View Full Version : 24 Peaks Challenge

Mike
03-07-2007, 13:28
Hello

Quick question............I hoping to rasie £3000 for chairty and wondered if it acceptable to post a link to my just giving web site ?

Mike

Ramrod
03-07-2007, 13:50
Whats the charity?

MovedGoalPosts
03-07-2007, 14:00
Most people would do something like this by putting a link into their user profile signature, that way it appears in all their posts, maximum publicity. Generally we allow links in siggys, provided they are not for commercial purposes, and provided you are generally following the signature rule limits.

Mike
03-07-2007, 15:09
Most people would do something like this by putting a link into their user profile signature, that way it appears in all their posts, maximum publicity. Generally we allow links in siggys, provided they are not for commercial purposes, and provided you are generally following the signature rule limits.

Think I have done it.............many thanks for your help and here is hoping for some sponsorship :):):)

Reagrds

Mike

Pia
04-07-2007, 19:03
You've only put it in your profile, put it in your sig s we can all see everytime you post.
Good luck on your mission by the way, a colleague of mine aged 23 has just been diagnosed with testicular cancer, hopefully they've caught it early enough i'm sure he'll be fine! I left a small donation, not much but it'll all add up ;)

Mike
04-07-2007, 19:16
You've only put it in your profile, put it in your sig s we can all see everytime you post.
Good luck on your mission by the way, a colleague of mine aged 23 has just been diagnosed with testicular cancer, hopefully they've caught it early enough i'm sure he'll be fine! I left a small donation, not much but it'll all add up ;)

Thanks Pia for the advice and donation.

Kind regards

Mike

Nugget
04-07-2007, 19:36
One small donation from the Family Nug too - it would have been churlish of me not to, bearing in mind my Sport Relief last year :D

Just make sure you invest in a good pair of boots - I have the feeling that you're going to need them :)

Good luck :tu:

Mike
04-07-2007, 20:25
One small donation from the Family Nug too - it would have been churlish of me not to, bearing in mind my Sport Relief last year :D

Just make sure you invest in a good pair of boots - I have the feeling that you're going to need them :)

Good luck :tu:

I can't tell you how much this support means to me.........

See post number 20 http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/41516-cancer-page-2.html

Many thanks to everyone (please see link below after signature)

Regards

Mike

gaffer_gump
04-07-2007, 21:14
Just scanned the forum before I set off to the pub for a couple of pints....

In the end I donated my beer money and am now stopping in :shocked:

Good luck Mike..

homealone
04-07-2007, 22:10
Just scanned the forum before I set off to the pub for a couple of pints....

In the end I donated my beer money and am now stopping in :shocked:

Good luck Mike..

blimey, you spend a lot of money in the pub ;)

- but, bearing in mind the cause I chucked in a fiver, as well - good luck Mike :tu:

Jules
04-07-2007, 22:29
Done our donation, all the best :tu:

superbiatch
04-07-2007, 22:33
Good luck with your quest, unfortunately i already sponsored someone doing exactly the same today for a different charity.

Sorry can't afford anymore pennies atm, but all the best anyway :)

MovedGoalPosts
04-07-2007, 22:47
Thread renamed and moved to Lifestyle ;)

Mike
05-07-2007, 07:41
Thanks for all the support really appreciate it.

Regards

Mike

Mike
05-07-2007, 20:33
Only one day to go and I am getting really nervous now............

Really appreciates the sponsorship although I have some way to go to hit my target.

See link in post 8 above for my reasons for this madness !

Thanks

Mike

Pia
05-07-2007, 22:10
You have a way to go Mike if you're starting it tomorrow, and it's such a deserving cause. It only takes a few minutes to deposit a donation to all who are reading this!
I just hope you all remember how many people are affected by Cancer and how much effort Mike is putting into this cause, he deserves donations and as a long term member of this forum i hope people reading this post can spare the time and pennies to donate to your cause Mike.

Jules
06-07-2007, 20:36
Good luck :tu: I hope the weather is ok for you

alferret
06-07-2007, 22:43
Bit late, well not really, its never to late to donate. For some reason I had it in me head 3 peaks, must be the vino :shocked:

Anyways, all the best Mike, hope it goes to plan.

And to those who have read this thread and not yet donated DONATE NOW

Jules
11-07-2007, 17:47
Anyone heard how he did?

Mike
11-07-2007, 18:57
Dear All

I would just like to thank everyone who kindly supported me in my 24 Peaks Challenge.

I can honestly say it was one of the hardest walks/climbs I have ever experienced. We started day one by getting up at 0415 in the morning and completed day one at about 2230!

It rained most of the day and visibility was about 20 feet though the day which made navigation of the 17.5 miles extremely difficult, and at times impossible.

Please find attached a few pictures I took during breaks in the weather.

If you zoom into the centre of picture 0059 (to the right of the cutting in the far hill side) you can just about see the path and people walking ahead to Lingmell from Great Gable.

So far, I have raised a total of £702.00 which has been sent to my chosen charity of http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

Many thanks once again to all who kindly sponsored me (if anyone is kind enough to still sponsoring me there is still time)

Regards

Mike

gaffer_gump
17-07-2007, 13:51
Havin just had a peak at your total monies raised £732, well done Mike :tu:

Mike
17-07-2007, 14:12
Havin just had a peak at your total monies raised £732, well done Mike :tu:

Thanks a little off my target but GREAT.............

It was the hardest thing I have ever done and it true to say memories of my dad (see post number 8) kept me going when I could have easily collapsed.

They is still time if people would kindly like to donate ;););)

Many thanks

Mike :)

Jules
17-07-2007, 14:18
Sorry the weather was bad, you have my admiration :tu:

superbiatch
17-07-2007, 14:28
Very well done indeed :tu:

Are you planning to do it again? ;)