PDA

View Full Version : Changing BB cable location in House

Axel
24-06-2007, 21:47
Hi All

I'm new here, didn't realise there were so many cable issues out there.

My question is, can I add another socket, or change my cable BB location to up stairs. When it was installed, I asked the installer to add a socket upstairs aswell as downstairs, and was told he could only install to one place.

Is there a way I can split the connection on the outside of my house and run the cable up to the second floor, just using a normal wall socket and the supplied modem? or is there something special in there wall sockets?

Thanks

Nedkelly
24-06-2007, 21:55
The best way is to get vm in to do it.:) if you do it yourself and you have a fault you will be charged for it

scottyboydfc
24-06-2007, 22:11
i did it myself. if you know what your doing go for it, im sure vm will charge you to move it anyway do they not?

Axel
25-06-2007, 06:12
Hi scottyboydfc

Is there anything special in the wall socket, or could I run a coax cable from the brown box outside to a normal socket upstairs?

Thanks

Graham M
25-06-2007, 08:03
i did it myself. if you know what your doing go for it, im sure vm will charge you to move it anyway do they not?

They do but more if you bork it yourself iirc. Best bet is to run CAT5/Wireless to where you want it!

Paul K
25-06-2007, 09:21
Mess about in the brown box outside or screw up your levels or put noise back into the system and you will find not only VM will be annoyed with you but so would people on VM around you as it could impact them. Go wireless, at least then it's relatively pain free and relatively future proof.