PDA

View Full Version : wages

rickyg01
23-06-2007, 17:11
i lost my job today and have not been payed, i was due to be paid on thursday, the people i work with got paid, whats the next step i can take,?

cheers

wwe
23-06-2007, 17:13
go bk and ask 4 ur money if they say no then got 2 the police

rickyg01
23-06-2007, 17:19
go bk and ask 4 ur money if they say no then got 2 the police

they said they paid it, but its not in my bank, ive gone to the bank and asked if they recieved a payment and they said no,

Hugh
23-06-2007, 17:22
Ask your ex-work for the transaction reference number, and the date it was processed through BACS, and ask them to supply the bank account number and sort-code it was sent to.

Then take these to the bank, and ask them to find out why it has not been cleared by BACS (if they have paid you).

rickyg01
23-06-2007, 17:32
Ask your ex-work for the transaction reference number, and the date it was processed through BACS, and ask them to supply the bank account number and sort-code it was sent to.

Then take these to the bank, and ask them to find out why it has not been cleared by BACS (if they have paid you).

what if its the wrong bank account number?

Hugh
23-06-2007, 17:46
what if its the wrong bank account number?
It's your work's responsibility to make sure it is the right one (as long as you supplied the right one).

If they have sent money to the wrong account, they should pay you what you are owed by cheque or CHAPS (same day transfer).

It is then up to them to get the money back from the wrong account.

rickyg01
23-06-2007, 17:48
It's your work's responsibility to make sure it is the right one (as long as you supplied the right one).

If they have sent money to the wrong account, they should pay you what you are owed by cheque or CHAPS (same day transfer).

It is then up to them to get the money back from the wrong account.

so as long as i gave the right bank number im in the clear to get the money no matter what,
what happens if i gave the wrong 1? could i still get it?

Jon T
23-06-2007, 17:54
It's probably an over zealous finance department that have deleted you from the payroll too early.

The police are deffinatly not the place to go, as even if you do find that the your previous employer is witholding your wages, it would be a civil crime that has been commited, not a criminal one.

TheDaddy
23-06-2007, 18:16
I'd do contact your old place of work and bank, if it becomes clear they are messing about contact ACAS and left them deal with it

http://www.acas.org.uk/

rickyg01
25-06-2007, 12:16
just had phone call of old work, they said the account given was wrong and i need to go bank and find out what to do,
any advice what to say to bank about this, it does seem the work is messing me about,