PDA

View Full Version : any boozers out there ?

tweetypie/8
21-06-2007, 21:32
help i am on the wagon for 7 months,i have been invited to a do and i would like to know if any of you guys/gals can tell me is becks alcahol free ,is it really free from alcahol ? reason i am asking is i will be using my car going to this do and i do not want to put anyone at risk including myself,i have absolutley no sympathy for drivers caught with alcahol in their system any feedback on this topic will be appreciated thanks.:tu:

Wicked_and_Crazy
21-06-2007, 21:39
Becks Alcohol Free contains 0.05% alcohol, so you'd have to drink 100 pints of it to have the same effect as 1 pint of 5% beer. I think you may well explode first ;)

See here to confirm http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=2_12&products_id=79&osCsid=d6810b03823b9bc4456f1e6c9e4a0e3c

Mr_love_monkey
21-06-2007, 21:43
Though having said that, why not just drink soft drinks instead? - surely the point of drinking beer/lager is the alcohol?

Pia
21-06-2007, 21:51
Though having said that, why not just drink soft drinks instead? - surely the point of drinking beer/lager is the alcohol?
Aye but you'd feel like you were mingling better if you appeared to be drinking the same as everyone else:D
If i ever go to a party and not drink, i want a drink just because everyone else has one, if i had something like that becks it'd take that temptation off a bit more!

tweetypie/8
21-06-2007, 21:56
Becks Alcohol Free contains 0.05% alcohol, so you'd have to drink 100 pints of it to have the same effect as 1 pint of 5% beer. I think you may well explode first ;)

See here to confirm http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=2_12&products_id=79&osCsid=d6810b03823b9bc4456f1e6c9e4a0e3c

thanks for that info its very good,i think i will give the exploding bit a by ball cheers !! :D

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

you are spot on i must be getting desperate :Yikes:

Wicked_and_Crazy
21-06-2007, 22:14

That may be the point of drinking lager, but there are beers with flavour in this world ;)

Mr_love_monkey
21-06-2007, 22:17
That may be the point of drinking lager, but there are beers with flavour in this world ;)

If you want flavour drink a tropical fruit mix, if you want alcohol drink beer/lager :)

People might enjoy the taste, but it's primarily the alcohol, otherwise pubs would have far more alcohol free stuff on tap/pump

Wicked_and_Crazy
21-06-2007, 22:21
If you want flavour drink a tropical fruit mix, if you want alcohol drink beer/lager :)

People might enjoy the taste, but it's primarily the alcohol, otherwise pubs would have far more alcohol free stuff on tap/pump

hmm i partially disagree in that alcohol free beer tastes nothing like the same beer with alcohol in.

Tropical Fruit mix :rolleyes: typical coming from a monkey ;)

Mr_love_monkey
21-06-2007, 22:28
hmm i partially disagree in that alcohol free beer tastes nothing like the same beer with alcohol in.

Personally I think that even if you could get it taste exactly the same, people would still go for the alcohol.
To me, there is just no point in drinking alcohol free beer, if I'm not drinking, I'm not drinking, and I'll happily (ish) have a pint of coke (pint, not a half, that would be sissy :) )

Tropical Fruit mix :rolleyes: typical coming from a monkey ;)
I used to love um bongo... wonder if you can still get it...

Wicked_and_Crazy
21-06-2007, 22:42
I used to love um bongo... wonder if you can still get it...

MAybe if you go to the Congo ;)

http://www.umbongo.com/

http://www.umbongo.com/video/umbongo.mov

You can buy it from Tesco ,Waitrose and Asda

Mr_love_monkey
21-06-2007, 22:59
MAybe if you go to the Congo ;)

http://www.umbongo.com/

http://www.umbongo.com/video/umbongo.mov

You can buy it from Tesco ,Waitrose and Asda

wonder if I could mix it with vodka...

Chicken
21-06-2007, 23:17
on the wagon ?? :shrug:

valor
22-06-2007, 00:29
Ive tried this alcohol free stuff....Why? I dont know....Stuff just bloats me!!!!

Maggy
22-06-2007, 02:00
Speaking as someone who drinks very little and is frequently either designated driver or on a diet that excludes booze I find that people on the whole only give a toss about what's in their own glass.Just stand about with a soft drink of your choice and they will assume you have a drop of hard stuff in with it.

Mind I do understand the boredom of downing yet another soft drink so why not rotate with a tomato juice.I'm also pretty sure that if you ask the folk handing out the food very nicely they will get you a coffee or tea if you ask.You may well find yourself being joined by a few other folk who don't want to drink too much themselves.;)

tweetypie/8
22-06-2007, 11:59
Speaking as someone who drinks very little and is frequently either designated driver or on a diet that excludes booze I find that people on the whole only give a toss about what's in their own glass.Just stand about with a soft drink of your choice and they will assume you have a drop of hard stuff in with it.

Mind I do understand the boredom of downing yet another soft drink so why not rotate with a tomato juice.I'm also pretty sure that if you ask the folk handing out the food very nicely they will get you a coffee or tea if you ask.You may well find yourself being joined by a few other folk who don't want to drink too much themselves.;)

i will give you all a report on how i get on with becks,it will feel strange i know as my tipple was guinness and powers whisky :D but who knows i might develop a taste for becks :tu:

AntiSilence
22-06-2007, 12:18
Mind I do understand the boredom of downing yet another soft drink so why not rotate with a tomato juice.

Tomato juice... :sick:

I think I'd rather ask for a nice cup of coffee or tea :)

Wicked_and_Crazy
22-06-2007, 13:18
Tomato juice... :sick:

I think I'd rather ask for a nice cup of coffee or tea :)

oohhhhh Tomato Juice and Tabasco sauce hmmmm tasty

Mr_love_monkey
22-06-2007, 15:40
oohhhhh Tomato Juice and Tabasco sauce hmmmm tasty

with vodka? :)