PDA

View Full Version : serious emergency

kirk1690
20-06-2007, 05:36
After years away i came back to cable 8 months ago and am regretting my decision. In the old days the service was regularly down and things havent changed much, all my tv net and phone services were down for 16 hours yesterday the third time this year once for 25 hours . NOW i can live without tv and net and thankfully i have a mobile but what about elderly and disabled people who dont, a landline could be a life and death matter in an emergency. JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

smarty
20-06-2007, 08:37
I was with BT for over 20 years and can not remember the service ever failing.
In December last year I made the mistake of transfering to NTL (as it was then) and in the past 6 months we have been without a phone service 3 times, the last time was for 2 days.
The service is very poor.

kirk1690
20-06-2007, 14:49
yeah your exactly right , we were with bt for 30 years and i cant remember it ever being off. Even if a cable is damaged does it really take 24 hours to repair? their can be no excuses where an important service like this is concerned. I am getting exasperated, i even went out and bought a freeview box yesterday so i have something to watch the next time the service goes down and you can bet it wont be long, do you think i should send the freeview box bill to virgin. Its time we were compensated for these service interruptions. :mad:

Maggy
20-06-2007, 14:55
Here's one customer who won't be returning to BT..When I really needed a phone during labour it was out of order due to a thunderstorm.The only phone working locally was the couple's across the road with a Nynex cable phoneline.It wasn't the first time or the last time BT let me down.In all the time I've had cable it's only gone down once and it was fixed within hours.

Paul K
20-06-2007, 15:17
Believe me after working for BT repair for a while I can tell you that outages do occur quite often and unless there is a good reason to offer it (or you are on a business package) you are in the same boat as everyone else and you will not have any option for calls being forwarded to mobile etc.

kirk1690
20-06-2007, 15:34
Believe me after working for BT repair for a while I can tell you that outages do occur quite often and unless there is a good reason to offer it (or you are on a business package) you are in the same boat as everyone else and you will not have any option for calls being forwarded to mobile etc.
oh a never said i was returning to bt , al stick it out with virgin . Av no complaints about service apart from these outtages now and again. all my services were down for 18 hours yesterday which am payin for so a feel i have the right to complain but nothin is perfect:angel:

PS1
22-06-2007, 18:23
not so sure about that one,:confused:.As of late,id say at least 80% of phones with faults on are automatically diverted as soon as the original report and line test is done?(possibly and area thing but i wouldnt of thought so).

jcw00
22-06-2007, 18:28
My BT line was down for over a week, and they made a complete mess of the front garden to run a new cable. BT are no better than Virgin Media.

welwynrose
23-06-2007, 00:07
thats the one thing I've never had a problem with the phone

dilli-theclaw
23-06-2007, 12:35
Disabled people should phone Virgin to get put on the fault priority repair list. (In case any of them are reading this).

It works wonders too.

Jon T
23-06-2007, 12:55
don't mean any offence to anybody, but does this thread really warrant the title of "serious emergency", I can't see any emergency or anything serious anywhere.

"What would happen in a serious emergencey" seems a better title.

maths15
29-06-2007, 20:32
don't mean any offence to anybody, but does this thread really warrant the title of "serious emergency", I can't see any emergency or anything serious anywhere.

"What would happen in a serious emergencey" seems a better title.

Moreover I get sick to than back teeth with people using such clichés and being so melodramatic. I remember my parents did not get a phone until I was about 6 years old and god knows what they did when they were kids if there was an emergency. I am surprised the human race managed to survive to be honest.

Make alternative arrangements (mobile, neighbour, phone box, semaphore) or tell VM to stick their phone service and go to another provider. The last I checked we still live in a free market economy.

papa smurf
29-06-2007, 21:17
i have been a telephone engineer for 28 years ,and i have never met another human that was born with a telephone in there hand ,its a luxury:Yikes:

esdxc37
30-06-2007, 09:58
i have been a telephone engineer for 28 years ,and i have never met another human that was born with a telephone in there hand

Never met my daughter then. :disturbd: came out with a nokia clasped tightly in her little mitt and has never left there since :D

Mace
30-06-2007, 16:34
MOBILE phone anyone ?

sprattgraham
08-07-2007, 00:26
We had two lines with BT both died took them two weeks to fix it.