PDA

View Full Version : Reconnect to BT

VMNick
12-06-2007, 08:16
Hi,

I am thinking about going back to BT then sign up to Sky, how much would the costs be?

Thanks,

Nick.

ladyboy
12-06-2007, 19:47
your lazy man.just ring bt then ring sky.........

VMNick
13-06-2007, 08:31
Great answer.

Paul K
13-06-2007, 09:57
It's a valid reply since most if not all your answers are online but by calling you can often get a better response or deal from them.
It's easy to come back to BT
If you have a BT line and want to switch your calls back from another provider
If you have a line with BT and currently get your calls from another provider, then switching your calls to BT couldn't be easier.
Switch your calls back to BT now
Switch your calls and line to BT from a Cable provider
If you currently have service with a Cable provider please call us on 0808 100 5152. Please have your Cable account number ready when you call.
Switch your calls and line to BT from all other telephone providers
If you have your line with another telephone company and want to reconnect to BT, please call 0800 121 8085
No telephone provider at all
If you have no telephone provider at the moment, please call 0808 100 7722.
Reconnect a BT line
If you don’t have a telephone provider and believe your property once had a BT line that has been disconnected, simply look for a white BT phone socket on your wall. If you find one, this may give an indication that you can get connected* Please call 0808 100 7722.
BT Together Options
We offer three different BT Together pricing options to suit your call usage.
BT Together Options
BT Together Option 1
The Hour plan
Call anywhere in the UK for up to an hour for just 5.5p at evenings and weekends. You'll also enjoy daytime calls in the UK at just 3p a minute (3p set up fee).
Monthly plan cost: £0
Monthly line rental: £10.50*
£10.50* per month
BT Together Option 2
The Evening and Weekend plan
Enjoy FREE Evening and Weekend calls to anywhere in the UK for up to an hour each call, plus daytime calls in the UK at just 3p a minute (3p set up fee).
Monthly plan cost: £3.45* (was £3.95)
£13.95* per month
BT Together Option 3
The Anytime plan
With FREE daytime, Evening and Weekend calls to anywhere in the UK for up to an hour each call, you can use your phone whenever you like.
Monthly plan cost: £7.95* (was £9.95)
£18.45* per month
BT Total Broadband
Get FREE connection and great security when you order BT Total Broadband online.
Get great value from BT
BT gives you more than just a great value call package. At BT we look to save you money every day, check out our latest offers.
Please note: This section is for consumer connections only. If you are looking to connect for business purposes, please visit our business lines area
*Only available if you pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan and receive paper-free billing. For customers who pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan and do not receive paper-free billing, £11. For customers who choose to pay by other payment methods £11, plus a separate payment processing fee of £1.50 (if monthly billed) or £4.50 (if quarterly billed). This fee will be charged by BT Payment Services Ltd, a BT Group Company. Monthly Payment Plan subject to status. Written quotation available on request. The monthly Payment Plan will include the monthly fee of any product or service you've ordered PLUS estimated call spend. Monthly amounts may vary. BT reserves the right to bill separately any charges due in respect of any service provided or equipment supplied. Numbers prefixed 0845, 0870, Internet calls, Premium Rate Services, mobile numbers, information and paging services are excluded. Other exclusions and terms and conditions apply.
A discount of £0.50 inc VAT (£0.43 exVAT) per month, per account will be applied to the charge for line rental if customers agree to paper-free billing on BT Together Options 1, 2 or 3, BT Together Local, BT Working Together and BT Working Together - Talk. To receive the discount customers must also agree to pay by direct debit or monthly payment plan. More information
Important Information for New BT Customers
http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/update/informed.html
Is there a charge to switch my home phone service back to BT?
There is no charge for switching your calls back to BT. Place your order online or call 0808 100 4041 to speak to one of our advisors.

cimt
13-06-2007, 10:03
It's a valid reply since most if not all your answers are online but by calling you can often get a better response or deal from them.

What that doesn't mention is the line rental cost... Erm isn't it like £11+ line rental?

Paul K
13-06-2007, 10:09
What that doesn't mention is the line rental cost... Erm isn't it like £11+ line rental?

Might want to go to Specsavers ;) I can see the words monthly line rental several times in the quote :p: £10.50 for DD and £11 if no DD.
*Only available if you pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan and receive paper-free billing. For customers who pay by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan and do not receive paper-free billing, £11. For customers who choose to pay by other payment methods £11, plus a separate payment processing fee of £1.50 (if monthly billed) or £4.50 (if quarterly billed). This fee will be charged by BT Payment Services Ltd, a BT Group Company. Monthly Payment Plan subject to status. Written quotation available on request. The monthly Payment Plan will include the monthly fee of any product or service you've ordered PLUS estimated call spend. Monthly amounts may vary. BT reserves the right to bill separately any charges due in respect of any service provided or equipment supplied. Numbers prefixed 0845, 0870, Internet calls, Premium Rate Services, mobile numbers, information and paging services are excluded. Other exclusions and terms and conditions apply.
A discount of £0.50 inc VAT (£0.43 exVAT) per month, per account will be applied to the charge for line rental if customers agree to paper-free billing on BT Together Options 1, 2 or 3, BT Together Local, BT Working Together and BT Working Together - Talk. To receive the discount customers must also agree to pay by direct debit or monthly payment plan. More information
Important Information for New BT Customers

cimt
13-06-2007, 10:17
Might want to go to Specsavers ;) I can see the words monthly line rental several times in the quote :p: £10.50 for DD and £11 if no DD.

Ah, never noticed that. I'm doing too many things at once. :erm:

superbiatch
13-06-2007, 10:24
For some reason BT will not lower my payment to £11 a month and insist on taking £20 a month out of my bank account. I've had many conversations with their overseas staff and cannot get it across to them that i have phone calls and broadband provided by another supplier :(

Paul K
14-06-2007, 07:18
For some reason BT will not lower my payment to £11 a month and insist on taking £20 a month out of my bank account. I've had many conversations with their overseas staff and cannot get it across to them that i have phone calls and broadband provided by another supplier :(

Quickest way to get that done is to tell them you wish to cancel your contract with them and ask for retentions. No doubt they will sort it out for you.

superbiatch
14-06-2007, 08:48
Quickest way to get that done is to tell them you wish to cancel your contract with them and ask for retentions. No doubt they will sort it out for you.

I'm only 5 months into a 12 month contract, so can't really threaten that at this stage :(

AlabasterLyn
14-06-2007, 09:12
I'd love to go back to BT as I can't get Caller ID where I am with VM, however it would cost me a fortune as I can't find any BT sockets in my house. There are no wires from the nearest telegraph pole to my house either and it's £124.99 to have it all installed from scratch :(

Lyn