PDA

View Full Version : Little Miss - isn't she cute?

Xaccers
07-06-2007, 22:58
http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/

She's been quite active this evening, jumping all over me on the floor, so managed to get a couple of good shots.

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/images/IMG_2142.jpg

Halcyon
07-06-2007, 23:02
She's lovely. What a beautiful little kitten :) :tu:

smucks
07-06-2007, 23:02
LOL we have just had 4 new kitties arrive today, I'll get some pics in the morning when the prowd my has had a rest 2 black and white and two gray.

greencreeper
07-06-2007, 23:26
Awwww bless :D Love how the feet splay out when balanced on the gas pipe. And a bit of a messy eater.

Maggy
07-06-2007, 23:35
Thanks Xaccers..I miss having a cat but my husband really was too upset when we lost the last one.I shall wait until retirement.

In the meantime I enjoy other people's cats.So more piccys please.;)

peanut
07-06-2007, 23:37

She's been quite active this evening, jumping all over me on the floor, so managed to get a couple of good shots.

What rifle/gun did you use? What was the mess like? :disturbd:

Lovely kitten though. :tu: Awwwww

skyblueheroes
08-06-2007, 07:31
Aaawwwww

I remember when my 7yr old was that small and cute :)

DocDutch
08-06-2007, 07:35
I love kittens :) just such a bstrd that I'm allergic to them, as soon as they are 9 months old then I'm fine with them.

but they are soo cute.

Xaccers has the kitten climbed up the curtains yet or still behaving ;)

Fingy
08-06-2007, 07:37
Mega cute! Great pictures. My cat now realises what the camera is and depending on his mood either poses or runs away, usually runs away though!

LSainsbury
08-06-2007, 07:45
Cats.....ucccckkkk....

You feed them and then they go out on the raz for the day and come back for food and shelter - that's if they decide to stay in for the night...

:)

Graham M
08-06-2007, 07:48
You've had the wrong cats, what can I say?

joglynne
08-06-2007, 08:10
Great pictures. She looks like she will grow up into a beautiful cat. :)

Our cat, Pugh, has sussed out that there is a delay between the button on the camera being pressed and the flash going off, so indoor photos are now invariably of the back of his head as he turns away. :D

Graham M
08-06-2007, 08:45
Do you also have Hugh, Barney, MacGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Gruff?

joglynne
08-06-2007, 09:24
Do you also have Hugh, Barney, MacGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Gruff?

No :D. We adopted him and his brother Jet (sadly died last year) 5 years ago when they were 10 years old. Pugh initially had a problem with wind https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/29.gif and I'm afraid the nickname stuck.

handyman
08-06-2007, 09:27
We got a pair of new kitties a couple of weeks ago so I'll get some pics up shortly.

Xaccers
08-06-2007, 09:39
I love kittens :) just such a bstrd that I'm allergic to them, as soon as they are 9 months old then I'm fine with them.

but they are soo cute.

Xaccers has the kitten climbed up the curtains yet or still behaving ;)

Faulty's alergic to cats too, but she loves them so soldiers on until her body gets used to them, although she seems to have been ok so far.

No curtain climbing yet, though she has gotten enough confidence to jump up on the sofas for a cuddle :)

We're having BBQ at the weekend, so we took her up to our bedroom last night to get her used to it as she'll be safely tucked away there while people are around, and she apparently spent most of the night sleeping on my head!
She went balistic at about 4 am though, chasing her tail :D

DocDutch
08-06-2007, 09:45
well Xaccers, this is my neighbours cat who comes around our place most of the time for attention.....

have a looksie at this cheeky pic of the cat (soz for the bad quality as it was taken from my K750) and had to rush for it.

Alien
08-06-2007, 09:46

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/images/IMG_2145.jpg
"I'm in your house, killin' your shoes"
:disturbd:

She's adorable, I envy you.

Xaccers
08-06-2007, 09:47
Now there's a cheeky kitty!

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

[img]
"I'm in your house, killin' your shoes"
:disturbd:

She's adorable, I envy you.

Wish I had the camera out this morning, she WAS killing my work shoes!
Chewing them and pulling out the insoles.
Faulty got a video of it which I might post a link to tonight :)

Tuftus
08-06-2007, 09:54
have a looksie at this cheeky pic of the cat (soz for the bad quality as it was taken from my K750) and had to rush for it.

Noooo!!! I Wants theze onez befor you burnz them!!!

Graham M
08-06-2007, 09:59
My cat Smudge loves my Mum's fiance's deoderant for some reason?! - Yes she put her head in there herself!

Xaccers
08-06-2007, 10:05
My cat Smudge loves my Mum's fiance's deoderant for some reason?! - Yes she put her head in there herself!

Maybe she's a distant relative of a Lynx? ;)

DocDutch
08-06-2007, 10:06
Noooo!!! I Wants theze onez befor you burnz them!!!

you might be right there Tuftus, but I didnt burn them ;) what happens is as soon as she can smell the bbq she hangs around it waiting for her chance to pounce on anything that might be around.

superbiatch
08-06-2007, 10:19
Absolute cutie - bet she's gonna get up to some mishcief tho ;)

altis
08-06-2007, 11:22
Here's our Thom in his favourite activity.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/20.jpg

smucks
08-06-2007, 11:23
We managed to get a pic of one of the Kittens for you Xaccers, this one seems to like going on his travels.

Xaccers
08-06-2007, 11:24
Here's our Thom in his favourite activity.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/06/20.jpg

He reminds me of Biscuit, our cat in Saudi, and the best cat in the entire universe.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

We managed to get a pic of one of the Kittens for you Xaccers, this one seems to like going on his travels.

Awww so tiny :D

altis
08-06-2007, 11:33
Sadly, about 9 months ago, TC managed to blow a cruciate ligament while dashing home away from a dog. The vet did a wonderful job of replacing it with a bit of nylon and now he's running about like normal. Cost us a fortune mind!

At the time, the vet said he does this op on a dog roughly every week but it's quite rare in cats - possibly every 6 months. So, 6 months later, what did Thom's sister do? Same bloddy leg too! Only this time all the ligaments around the knee had gone. The vet had never operated on such a mess. She's trotting around happily now but when she sits down her leg is stuck out at the side. Seems like it will always be like that.

Xaccers
08-06-2007, 11:51
My sister and I were at boarding school before mum and dad left Saudi.
They were left with the dilema of what to do with Biscuit, there wasn't anyone left they trusted enough to give him the love and attention he deserved, and putting him through quarenteen would have done him more harm than good (he was a wild cat who some friends took in, then gave him to us when they returned to Scotland saying they'd send for him, which luckily for us they never did).
They couldn't just leave him, so dad had to take him to the vets and have him put to sleep. It broke dad's heart.
God I miss that cat.

DocDutch
08-06-2007, 12:10
what happend to me when I was younger was that my mum and I had 2 kittens, they where sooo sweet always either when asleep playing with my toes or just keeping my feet warm and "chatting" to you when you got home from work/school.

then my mum began to get allergic reactions and a bit later me :( :'( :bigcry: so had to give them away.

okay it isnt as bad as putting the cat to sleep but still breaks your heart.

joglynne
08-06-2007, 15:10
what happend to me when I was younger was that my mum and I had 2 kittens, they where sooo sweet always either when asleep playing with my toes or just keeping my feet warm and "chatting" to you when you got home from work/school.

then my mum began to get allergic reactions and a bit later me :( :'( :bigcry: so had to give them away.

okay it isnt as bad as putting the cat to sleep but still breaks your heart.

Loosing a cat in any way is always heartbreaking. Still feel sad when I look at photos of some of our old cats that have died over the years.

Anyone who has an allergic reaction to cats could always think about getting a Sphynx. (http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/sphynx.html) I'm afraid I don't like the feel of them so it's plain old mogs like Pugh for me.

Taf
08-06-2007, 16:31
Ahhhhh... soft furnishings to shred, live electrical cables to chew on, carpet weft to unravel, and gas pipes to rip off the wall.....

Ahhhhh... kitties!!! :D

Anonymouse
08-06-2007, 17:38
There are curly-coated cat breeds - the Cornish and Devon Rex - which don't usually create allergies. And I'm sure I read of at least one semi-longhair variety, strangely enough, that doesn't; can't remember which, though.

My Tigger - can't believe she's 7 now! - is sitting on the windowsill, eyes nearly shut, looking at me as I type. :)

smucks
09-06-2007, 01:24
Just managed to get this pic this afternoon.

joglynne
09-06-2007, 01:30
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Nedkelly
09-06-2007, 07:18
One of my cats dosnt like the dvd player when its on because of the noise it makes and when you eject a dvd he runs over and hits the tray very funney to watch :)

DocDutch
09-06-2007, 08:34
LOL Ned...

ow Xaccers get a laser pen for the cat ;) see how mad you can get her :D

Xaccers
09-06-2007, 14:14
We let her into the dining room yesterday evening, which has spot lights, so she had a great time trying to catch her shadow :D

joglynne
09-06-2007, 14:53
LOL Ned...

ow Xaccers get a laser pen for the cat ;) see how mad you can get her :D

Wouldn't one of these be a bit dangerous if the light caught her in the eyes, or is a a laser pen different to a laser pointer?

Our cat will chase a normal touch light but he seems to prefer chasing a length of ribbon which I have tied to a stick. :)

Xaccers
09-06-2007, 23:58
They sell them as cat toys in Pets at Home.
Thinking about getting one, they're only a fiver, but at the moment, she's having plenty of fun chasing her tail!

Anonymouse
10-06-2007, 16:17
They sell them as cat toys in Pets at Home.
Thinking about getting one, they're only a fiver, but at the moment, she's having plenty of fun chasing her tail!
They're not actual lasers, are they? There was an LED version in an issue of Your Cat a while back. If you did catch the cat's eyes with a laser beam, it could be devastating; a cat's eye has an extra reflective layer to intensify ambient light, which is why cats have such excellent night vision. Effectively the ambient light impinges on the cat's retina twice.

You definitely wouldn't want that to happen with laser light!

Having said that, I have one myself, but I watch her very carefully and angle the beam so that the spot always runs along the floor. That way, she's always looking down so the beam won't catch her eyes.

It is funny to watch, though! :D

altis
10-06-2007, 16:32
An ordinary torch works very well ;)

Xaccers
10-06-2007, 16:58
They're not actual lasers, are they? There was an LED version in an issue of Your Cat a while back. If you did catch the cat's eyes with a laser beam, it could be devastating; a cat's eye has an extra reflective layer to intensify ambient light, which is why cats have such excellent night vision. Effectively the ambient light impinges on the cat's retina twice.

You definitely wouldn't want that to happen with laser light!

Having said that, I have one myself, but I watch her very carefully and angle the beam so that the spot always runs along the floor. That way, she's always looking down so the beam won't catch her eyes.

It is funny to watch, though! :D

Would definitely want a very very low powered one.

At the moment, she's sneezing loads and feeling very poorly, we're going to see about taking her back to the vet tomorrow.
Very angry at the shelter!

Faulty
12-06-2007, 11:19
Just though i would give you all an update. The inspector from the RSPCA called me this morning with feedback about the nasty kennel place.
She said they knew that Little Miss was sick and didn't tell us, and they shouldn't have given her to us sick, so she gave them a *******ing for that.
As for the conditions the cats are kept in, the inspector agreed with me that they are appalling and moaned at the kennels for that, she gave them a warning and will be doing regular surprise inspection to make sure they sort everything out, and if they don't she will shut them down :) hurray for the RSPCA.

As for our beautiful little girl, she is such a little fighter, she has had another bout of antibiotics and seems to be doing a little better. She even got quite playful yesterday. She sleeps alot and isn't eating much, but we are keeping a close eye on her and showering her with love and attention.

Last but not least, i don't post very often on this forum, but i was very impressed with the kind words and support we have recieved from all of you as we go through this, and i would just like to say a huge thank you from Little Miss and myself :)

Maggy
12-06-2007, 13:35
Hope she pulls through..Cat flu is really nasty ailment for cats,much worse than the sort most humans get.

handyman
12-06-2007, 13:37
She sleeps alot

Not the best thing to measure a cats fitness by ;-)

In this heat our big furball sleeps 95% of the time.

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 16:23
Took her to the vet again this afternoon as her breathing was really laboured.
They did a fantastic job of cleaning her up and clearing her nostrils so apart from having her temperature taken again, she seemed more comfortable.
Will carry on with the steam treatment as that seemed to help last night.
Also vet gave us some high energy food and some paste like food which we can add water to and carefully syringe into her so that she doesn't get dehydrated.
Thanks everyone, and I'm so glad the RSPCA have taken action against the shelter!

DocDutch
12-06-2007, 16:33
hope Little Miss is going to be alright :) she looks like such a cute little cat :)

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 16:47
Faulty says she's managed to feed her some food with the syringe so that's a good sign :)

DocDutch
12-06-2007, 17:11
Xaccers and Faulty, she'll be alright, she's still young so will be able to get rid of the cat flu.

just give her loads of love but if you have another cat keep it as far away from her.

Xaccers
12-06-2007, 17:15
Thankfully we only have her so no other cats at risk, and at the vet's we kept her away from any other cats in boxes.
The RSPCA inspector said that the shelter admitted to having a cat flu problem, and should not be keeping infected kittens together or near other cats, and certainly shouldn't have given Little Miss to us until she'd recovered.

Hugh
12-06-2007, 17:51
Xaccers, our first kitten had the same problems - we got it from a farm. After a couple of weeks of vet's visits and sleepless nights, she recovered and lived to a ripe old age.

I am sure you will be as fortunate - here's hoping.

AntiSilence
12-06-2007, 19:04
An ordinary torch works very well ;)

My cat sometimes sits on my desk while I'm at the PC, and he sits and watches the mouse pointer as I move it around the screen :D

Xaccers
14-06-2007, 01:10
It's a hard life being an ill kitty

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/images/12-06-07_1802.jpghttp://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/images/13-06-07_2056.jpg

Even eating is done for you

http://www.finmereairsoft.co.uk/cat/cat1/images/13-06-07_2209.jpg

She's doing much better with the liquid meals fed via syringe, especially now she's realised it's food so we don't have to hold her and open her mouth, she's taking it straight from the syringe :D
Her eyes get crusted up if she sleeps too long, but a wet ball of cotton wool cleans them up.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words.

greencreeper
14-06-2007, 09:00
Awwww bless! Don't you just want to cuddle her. Poor little mite - must be awful.

superbiatch
14-06-2007, 09:20
Just though i would give you all an update. The inspector from the RSPCA called me this morning with feedback about the nasty kennel place.
She said they knew that Little Miss was sick and didn't tell us, and they shouldn't have given her to us sick, so she gave them a *******ing for that.
As for the conditions the cats are kept in, the inspector agreed with me that they are appalling and moaned at the kennels for that, she gave them a warning and will be doing regular surprise inspection to make sure they sort everything out, and if they don't she will shut them down :) hurray for the RSPCA.

As for our beautiful little girl, she is such a little fighter, she has had another bout of antibiotics and seems to be doing a little better. She even got quite playful yesterday. She sleeps alot and isn't eating much, but we are keeping a close eye on her and showering her with love and attention.

Last but not least, i don't post very often on this forum, but i was very impressed with the kind words and support we have recieved from all of you as we go through this, and i would just like to say a huge thank you from Little Miss and myself :)

I had a black/white moggy called Harvey from a rescue centre near Southport. He came with cat flu :( He pulled thru and was the little light of my life for four years until he was knocked over and killed instantly. I found him myself at the side of the road when he didn't come back :erm:

Make the most of everyday, cos it broke my heart so much i'd never have another one :(

Xaccers
14-06-2007, 09:35
I had a black/white moggy called Harvey from a rescue centre near Southport. He came with cat flu :( He pulled thru and was the little light of my life for four years until he was knocked over and killed instantly. I found him myself at the side of the road when he didn't come back :erm:

Make the most of everyday, cos it broke my heart so much i'd never have another one :(

Oh SB that's an awful thing to have happened :(

superbiatch
14-06-2007, 09:50
Oh SB that's an awful thing to have happened :(

I was never one for cats but my husband (now ex) was working away in Germany and i needed some company. I got Harvey and he was a little devil-cat at first. He'd been badly treated and used to bite me. By the time he died he was a little angel who would purr on my knee and sleep in my bed (i know!). Then one day he didn't come back as he always did with a little present for me before i was leaving for work and i knew something had happened - you could set your watch by this cat :)

I drove out of my cul-de-sac and i could see him at the opposite side of the road, lying on the pavement. I phoned dad to come and move him. He was still warm, but obviously had passed on - so we buried him in my garden. It broke my heart and that was 6 years ago now.

Anyway, i don't think its right to keep a cat indoors, so unless i'm living in a rural setting with no roads nearby, i'll never have another cat :(

Alien
15-06-2007, 17:41
Anyone who has an allergic reaction to cats could always think about getting a Sphynx. (http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/sphynx.html) I'm afraid I don't like the feel of them so it's plain old mogs like Pugh for me.
Don't know when it'll be commercially avaiable, but scientists have actually created a non-allergenic cat. If I remember correctly, the allergic reaction is caused by an enzyme in their saliva. When cats lick their fur the saliva dries & the flakes or whatever are so tiny they become airborne very easily. Apparantly the new cat has been genetically modified so as not to produce the enzyme.

One of my cats dosnt like the dvd player when its on because of the noise it makes and when you eject a dvd he runs over and hits the tray very funney to watch :)
Any chance of posting a video?

At the moment, she's sneezing loads and feeling very poorly, we're going to see about taking her back to the vet tomorrow.
Very angry at the shelter!
Is "cat flu" just a name, or is it actually a strain of influenza? If so, antibiotics shouldn't have any effect as flu is a virus, not bacterial. I can't remember whether cats like garlic or not, but if they do you should ask the vet what the maximum safe amount is to give her, as garlic is used with postive results against colds & flu in humans.

Maggy
15-06-2007, 19:09
Don't know when it'll be commercially avaiable, but scientists have actually created a non-allergenic cat. If I remember correctly, the allergic reaction is caused by an enzyme in their saliva. When cats lick their fur the saliva dries & the flakes or whatever are so tiny they become airborne very easily. Apparantly the new cat has been genetically modified so as not to produce the enzyme.

Any chance of posting a video?

Is "cat flu" just a name, or is it actually a strain of influenza? If so, antibiotics shouldn't have any effect as flu is a virus, not bacterial. I can't remember whether cats like garlic or not, but if they do you should ask the vet what the maximum safe amount is to give her, as garlic is used with postive results against colds & flu in humans.

I believe the antibiotics are for any secondary infections such as pneumonia(if cats get such a condition).Ideally everyone should get their little bundle of fur free of cat flu and get them inoculated as soon as possible because it is such a big deal if a cat contracts this pernicious infection.

greencreeper
15-06-2007, 19:31
Did a Google - sounds awful:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/faculties/vet/clinical/diagnostics/companion/ocatflu.htm

[edit]Note the section on carriers and times of stress

joglynne
15-06-2007, 19:50
Did a Google - sounds awful:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/faculties/vet/clinical/diagnostics/companion/ocatflu.htm

[edit]Note the section on carriers and times of stress

This is one of the reasons you should never board your cat at a cattery that doesn't insist on inspecting your cats vaccination certificate to make sure that all it's shots are up to date and why reputable shelters or breeders would never let you have a cat or kitten that had any signs of the illness.

Alien
15-06-2007, 21:21
I believe the antibiotics are for any secondary infections such as pneumonia(if cats get such a condition).
Yeah, a couple of times when I've caught the flu [or maybe just a really bad cold? :shrug:], & had run out of garlic tablets I ended up with a chest infection. That was unpleasant enough for me, I shudder to think what it would be like for 1 of our furry brethren [or sistren ;)].

Ideally everyone should get their little bundle of fur free of cat flu and get them inoculated as soon as possible because it is such a big deal if a cat contracts this purrnicious infection.
:D

Xaccers
15-06-2007, 23:17
Our greatest fear is severe ulcers on her eyes, meaning she could lose them.

Alien
16-06-2007, 00:25
Ulcers on the eyes!? from flu? Download Failed (1) Glad I'm not a cat! :Yikes:

Xaccers
16-06-2007, 00:27
Ulcers on the eyes!? from flu? Download Failed (1) Glad I'm not a cat! :Yikes:

From herpes which is one of the viruses which cause cat flu.

Cat flu isn't influenza, just like man flu isn't (women take cat flu seriously, unlike man flu)

greencreeper
16-06-2007, 00:33
You can now get disposal cotton hankies. They're very good - strong for those occasions when you need to really blow, or are sneezing. Normal tissues I just blow holes in. Not sure if a cat can blow its nose :erm:

Alien
16-06-2007, 07:08
From herpes which is one of the viruses which cause cat flu.
Yikes! :Yikes: I just read up on herpes on Wikipedia. Didn't know much about it before [aside from knowing that I didn't want it].

You can now get disposal cotton hankies. They're very good - strong for those occasions when you need to really blow, or are sneezing. Normal tissues I just blow holes in.
Have you tried Tempo "plus" tissues? They're stronger than normal tissues, & you can get them in either a traditional tissue box or small pocket packs [very handy]. I've never managed to blow a hole in 1.

Xaccers
16-06-2007, 09:58
You can now get disposal cotton hankies. They're very good - strong for those occasions when you need to really blow, or are sneezing. Normal tissues I just blow holes in. Not sure if a cat can blow its nose :erm:

They just sneeze it clear if possible.
Over the past week or so she's had one or two amusing yet slightly worrying sneezing fits :)
They've very cute, but I'd rather she didn't need them.

Faulty opened her eyes this morning for her drops and got a squirt of puss on her hand for it. Yuck!

greencreeper
16-06-2007, 17:07
Suppose it's something if she's sneezing - will clear her nose at least. Eyes sound nasty though. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Xaccers
16-06-2007, 23:41
She's getting more used to having her eyes cleaned and not struggling or squealing as much.
She seems to like the new eye medicine, and is acting like she's over the flu itself, being all bouncy and playful :D

joglynne
17-06-2007, 00:08
Sounds like you are both doing a great job. :tu: to you both.

lauzjp
17-06-2007, 12:56
Cat flu isn't influenza, just like man flu isn't (women take cat flu seriously, unlike man flu) :rofl:

They just sneeze it clear if possible.
Over the past week or so she's had one or two amusing yet slightly worrying sneezing fits :)
They've very cute, but I'd rather she didn't need them.

aw, our neighbours cat who lives with us does that! She has a cold cos she spent a whole day sleeping in the same spot in the garden. She'd been out since morning and did not surface until 11pm - when I rattled the gocat out of the bathroom window... :rolleyes:

she has twice in 7 days bled a fair bit but I can't figure out from where, I think its cos she's only got one large tooth at the front now and she stabs her tounge? my neighbour knows, but cos she doesn't even get benefits anymore, she has no funds to take her cats (one of the other ones has a huge tumor on a nipple) to the vet.

joglynne
17-06-2007, 14:09
aw, our neighbours cat who lives with us does that! She has a cold cos she spent a whole day sleeping in the same spot in the garden. She'd been out since morning and did not surface until 11pm - when I rattled the gocat out of the bathroom window... :rolleyes:

she has twice in 7 days bled a fair bit but I can't figure out from where, I think its cos she's only got one large tooth at the front now and she stabs her tounge? my neighbour knows, but cos she doesn't even get benefits anymore, she has no funds to take her cats (one of the other ones has a huge tumor on a nipple) to the vet.

If your neighbour, or you on her behalf, contacts the PDSA I am sure they will be able to help. Treatment can be free if certain criteria are met.

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/index.html

lauzjp
17-06-2007, 16:53
If your neighbour, or you on her behalf, contacts the PDSA I am sure they will be able to help. Treatment can be free if certain criteria are met.

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/index.html

bugger, I don't get housing benefit or council tax benefit, nor does she at the minute... oh well. sad to say that they are both old girls and the best course of action shall hopefully be taken shortly. :(

must just say though - all the pusscats on here are so cute! :)

lauzjp
18-06-2007, 16:33
the vet evaluated that Amber was anaemic, and may have had a tumour in her nose or mouth and that was where the blood was coming from... I don't know. :( she looked straight in my eyes before she went out. If only we could talk to animals..?

joglynne
18-06-2007, 16:48
You didn't need to talk to her lauzjp. You were with her and she will have known that she was not alone but with someone she trusted.

lauzjp
18-06-2007, 17:22
Thank You Joglynne. :)

Jules
18-06-2007, 17:28
You did the right thing, Orangebird sent me the most beautiful poem when I lost my Tessa 2 weeks ago and it says it all, I will pm it to you :)

lauzjp
18-06-2007, 18:17
Thank You Jules (& OB), that is such a lovely poem. I can't get used to the quiet, and I keep thinking I see her everywhere. I had to give all the cat stuff we had back to the neighbour, I couldn't bare to look at it all

Jules
18-06-2007, 21:50
Maybe it might help if you pay a visit to a cats home, there is always room in your heart to share a little more love :)

lauzjp
18-06-2007, 21:57
Maybe it might help if you pay a visit to a cats home, there is always room in your heart to share a little more love :)

Aw, we'd love to have another cat, but Amber wasn't even ours - she just insisted on moving in! ;) But Anton & I are both actually allergic to cats... :rolleyes:

Graham M
18-06-2007, 22:15
So get one young, you will build up a tolerance :)

lauzjp
18-06-2007, 23:33
and we would like to have a baby in the near future, so a(nother) cat is a bit out of the question ;)

Jules
19-06-2007, 14:26
Get a cat they are much less trouble ;)

Alien
19-06-2007, 17:47
Especially true if the baby's a girl. :p::D

Xaccers
20-06-2007, 11:32

I think Faulty might disagree with you after another morning of being woken up at 4am again by a cat full of energy and bouncing round the room :D

joglynne
20-06-2007, 16:05
:D :D Little Miss full of energy and bouncing round the room :D:D

checker
20-06-2007, 17:06
Cats.....ucccckkkk....

You feed them and then they go out on the raz for the day and come back for food and shelter - that's if they decide to stay in for the night...

:)
Same as the kids

joglynne
20-06-2007, 17:16
Same as the kids

But at least cats don't think of you as a walking wallet. :D

DocDutch
20-06-2007, 17:28
thought cats and kids use you as their servants.......

joglynne
20-06-2007, 17:30
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo true:D

lauzjp
21-06-2007, 06:28
Had the other cat put down yesterday. I really couldn't face it, my neighbour went with my mum instead... A couple of months ago, one of the strays decided that it wanted to come and look in our block, and has since taken up residence in the neighbours. Blimmin big fluff ball! He's malting so much. I get through 3 or 4 tops a day! (he likes sitting on my chest area) After putting down 2 cats this week, I think we'll start taking this new one to the vet for check ups..

Alien
21-06-2007, 08:03
Blimmin big fluff ball! He's malting so much. I get through 3 or 4 tops a day! (he likes sitting on my chest area) After putting down 2 cats this week, I think we'll start taking this new one to the vet for check ups..
Most people use a wooly jumper instead of a fluffy sitter. :D

joglynne
21-06-2007, 08:27
We swore that after loosing our first cat, Tinks, to cancer at the age of 14 we would never ever, ever have another cat.

Jess streaked into our house at 11 o'clock on a wet and windy night. He ran in as our 6ft son and all his 6ft rowdy mates were standing in our hallway. It took 2 days of coaxing before he would come out from behind the fridge/freezer in our presence. 2 days and 2 tins of pilchards .:) He was almost totally bald with just odd bits of fur on his head and tail and we fell in love with him.

Lots of vets bills later he turned into the most beautiful natured long haired black and white cat you can imagine. We only had him for a few short years, he was always very frail, but he was a grand cat. We vowed to never ever, ever, ever to have another............

.............There was this advert in the paper from the local Cats Protection League. 10+ year old brothers, no one wanted to adopt them due to their age. After the advert showed up for the second time we caved in. :D

Xaccers
21-06-2007, 09:57
She's doing much better, Faulty's really good at opening the inner eyelid of her bad eye and the medication seems to be working (if the inner eyelid sealed, we'd have to wait until she was spayed to have it cut apart!)

AntiSilence
21-06-2007, 17:09
Here's a pic of our cat...

Xaccers
21-06-2007, 17:23
Here's a pic of our cat...

Aw, someone's got a cat with a healthy appetite :D

AntiSilence
21-06-2007, 19:33
Aw, someone's got a cat with a healthy appetite :D

Yeah, lol. Gonna get him a treadmill :D lol. He's quite big, but he looks a little bigger than he actually as he's curled up.

homealone
21-06-2007, 19:42
She's doing much better, Faulty's really good at opening the inner eyelid of her bad eye and the medication seems to be working (if the inner eyelid sealed, we'd have to wait until she was spayed to have it cut apart!)

they look good, lets hope she is definitely over the worst - kudos to you & Faulty for being so patient & gentle :tu:

joglynne
21-06-2007, 20:26
Xaccers,Couldn't resist showing you this https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/11/25.gifmaybe you will consider taking Little Miss with you when she is older? :D

greencreeper
21-06-2007, 22:15
Those knitted blankets are lovely and warm. Glad she's doing well.

Xaccers
21-06-2007, 22:20
All your support has helped us greatly :)

Thanks guys.

Now, how do we get her used to eating solid food from a bowl again?
She just turns her nose up at it.

Answers on a postcard, or in a reply in the thread, that would probably be best, as you don't know my address ;)

altis
21-06-2007, 22:29
Dear Xaccers of Milton Keynes,

I suggest you try something soft and bland like small pieces of chicken breast. But skip the rice and curry sauce. Alternatively, you can get sachets of this sort of stuff from the Vet @ ~50p per packet. They call it Sensitive or something.

greencreeper
21-06-2007, 23:05
Smell. Something that smells really tastey, but is easy on the tummy, as altis says. Could try freshly roast chicken breast, allowed to cool but still warm.

[edit] When I've spent the night slumped on the bathroom floor, clung to the toilet bowl, a bit of scrambled egg goes down well. Not sure if the same would apply to a cat though

lauzjp
22-06-2007, 09:15
its a shame m&s don't do kitten food - 'our' cat used to wolf that down! that and the asda foil trays. Freshly cooked meat - no question a cat should be falling over itself to get its paws on that!? Especially if it sees you eating it first. :rolleyes:

Xaccers
22-06-2007, 10:14
I think her nose is still blocked, hoping she hasn't lost her sense of smell completely (that'd be two members of the household with that problem!)
Faulty's liquidising kitten food for her, we're hoping she'll get used to the taste and then associate it with the food in her bowl.

You can't get kitty nasal attachments for dysons can you? :D

Alien
23-06-2007, 02:22
You can't get kitty nasal attachments for dysons can you? :D
Not unless you want an inside-out kitty! :Yikes: A pipette might work though, Co-op pharmacy sell them, & others might as well. Will only [possibly, never tried it] work if the mucus is runny rather than dried up.

smucks
07-07-2007, 18:05
Xaccers just to post a update on the Kitties their eye's are now open and they are running round, but I took this pic just right LOL look at the one with the tongue out LOL.

lauzjp
07-07-2007, 20:16
bless!

Faulty
10-07-2007, 08:17
Just to let you all know, Little Miss is all better now and she is finally getting her vaccines on wednesday. The bad news is that she is now a carrier for the virus and because of damage done while she was ill she will always have a snotty nose (kinda cute though coz she snores:)). We are finally seeing her crazy personality and call her psycho cat. Both our arms look like they have been through a shredder from playing with her lol :D, she is so adorable and we feel lucky to have her. We cant even remeber what life was like without her. We bought her one of those activity centres (got a bargain £45) and she loves it, i have loads of videos on my phone of her playing on it, will see if Xaccers can put them up for you all to see.
By the way for those who love kittens, there is this online thing called The Daily Kitten, check it out.
http://www.dailykitten.com/

Xaccers
10-07-2007, 09:25
Xaccers just to post a update on the Kitties their eye's are now open and they are running round, but I took this pic just right LOL look at the one with the tongue out LOL.

Milk bar's open! :D

Faulty
12-07-2007, 11:27
If i had my way i would have a house full of beautiful kittys :D

lauzjp
12-07-2007, 13:10
I miss having a cat around the block. So it's nice seeing all the gorgeous kitties and other pets on here. :tu:

Faulty
24-07-2007, 14:19
Lastest pic of Little Miss, she is getting crazier by the day.

lauzjp
24-07-2007, 14:42
that's a 'look at me, I'm so cute, I can't do nothing wrong!' pose if ever I saw one! :D

DocDutch
24-07-2007, 15:04
she's becoming a computer geekie cat :O poor you... you wont have a laptop left ;)

greencreeper
24-07-2007, 17:50
Lastest pic of Little Miss, she is getting crazier by the day.
And bigger too - I'm sure she's grown. Lovely eyes.

she's becoming a computer geekie cat :O poor you... you wont have a laptop left ;)
Nah - she's just trying to find the mouse...

joglynne
24-07-2007, 23:44
She is certainly growing into a beautiful cat. You have both done really well seeing how poorly she was when you first got her.

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/2245/thumbsup8de.gifto both of you.

lauzjp
28-07-2007, 12:49
http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/index.htm you can get a little camera that you attach to a collar, there are some cute pics on this site - almost all from a cats' perspective! https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2007/07/7.jpg

greencreeper
28-07-2007, 20:13
Fascinating, those cat-cam pictures. Such a brilliant idea :)

Xaccers
30-07-2007, 04:29
Hmm, I have a camera for my airsoft gun-cam, ideas, ideas :D

Faulty
30-07-2007, 07:21
And bigger too - I'm sure she's grown. Lovely eyes.

She has grown alot, she is 15 weeks now, we still have a few problems with her eyes now and again, but they are beautiful and bright.