PDA

View Full Version : VS205 compatability

vulcan1
05-06-2007, 19:23
Hi,

New to this so hopefully the right forum.

The VS205 additional handset states it works on any GAP/DECT system. If so, does it work with D5900/01 and if so, how ?

Cheers

Gary

multiskilled
05-06-2007, 21:13
Any dect phone which is gap compatible will work with another dect base station which is gap compatible even if they are different makes. just switch the phone on it will search and find the base station.follow the manufactures instructions to register it with the base station.
we Need to know the manufacturer of the ds5900/01(Google could find no matches with just the model no) to find out if it is gap compatible? Or you could check the instruction book.If you have lost it, it's worth checking the manufacturers website you may be able to download one there.

vulcan1
06-06-2007, 16:21
Cracked it !

The D5901SE is an NTL DECT/GAP base station +1 additional handset from a few years ago. I think it was also sold as a C&W 4901SE.

The VS205 does work with it. I've found an addendum to the original manual that tells you how to prepare the base to accept additional handset. It's not just a case of unplugging the mains lead and plugging it back in as it states in the original instructions.

multiskilled
06-06-2007, 23:04
Good news! pleased to hear that you at least read the instruction book :tu: It's the bain of my job that people won't even attempt to read them preferring to call a technician out.