PDA

View Full Version : My installation is a week late!!!!!

michaelnewbie
30-05-2007, 21:35
Hi everyone
Last monday i phoned VM to ask for BB/Phone/TV to be installed.
I got an installation date of 24/05/07 (thursday) which to be honest i thought to good to be true.

So me and my poor pregnant wife took most of wednesday sorting out the furniture so the guy could be in and out in an hour max.

The installer should of turned up between 1-6pm, So when he didn't arrive at 7pm i gave VM a call to see why he had not come. They told me that he was running late and had told VM he was on his way at 7:15 so i believed them.

Then friday came and still no installer so again phoned VM (all these calls to VM are on my pay as you go mobile!!) they said they would call me back in 5 minutes to tell me what was going on.
They then called me 5 mins later to tell me they couldn't tell me what was happening and will ring back in an hour.

So 2 hours pass then i decided to ring them back. Then they told me they have put in a complaint for me and would call me back within 48 hours.

Which would of been sunday so it was obvious to me i wasn't getting a call till tuesday due to bank holiday monday. So i decided to ring them on saturday afternoon. So i had to go through my whole ordeal again over the phone wasting more credit. They then told me that the area manager named 'adi' would call me back in half an hour to tell me why the job wasn't done and to arrange a new installation.

But guess what....

Still no phone call and i now have run out of credit on my phone till tomorrow so the installation will be a week late.

So what should i do now??

Trading standards?
Cobra?

Not only has it really p*ss*d me off but it has made my pregnant wife ill with all the stress.

Any suggestions will be helpful cheers mike.

Mick Fisher
31-05-2007, 10:49
Customer services can still be atrociously bad as you have found out. This leads to VM apparently conducting itself in a thouroughly unprofessional manner.
Before you move forward you should ask yourself, do you really want to do business with a company that appears to be in such a shambolic mess?
In my experience the only adequately decent sevice VM can provide is BB (if you are lucky as some areas are very oversubscribed). You can do much better for your phone and TV from elsewhere.