PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Shocking Customer Services! Birmingham #2

inowhatevirgin
30-05-2007, 02:15
We are ALSO absolutely fuming with Virgin Media! We are a couple from Birmingham area.

Here is what has happened to US recently!

Unfortunately you WILL believe how badly we have been treated judging from the other posts on this website.

Our only hope is that others will read this post and it will put them off from joining Virgin as this company seriously do not deserve the customers they entice. Virgin is all for signing you up but the service is so bad, we did not think this would happen to us, weve heard the NTL horror stories but in this day and age how can they get away with it???

This is OUR story of how we were treated as a new customer joining Virgin Media, we wish we never applied:

We have so far spent around £30 on mobile phone calls alone just calling customer services.

03 MARCH 2007 - Rec. lots of mail through front door saying how good virgin media is as it has taken over NTL.

Blah Blah Blah Your Road has just got sexier...

Our current setup (Free view box) not working too well where we live and the communal TV antennae not working at all so we consider sky and virgin media. Decide on Virgin 3 for £30 deal and we apply online.

We are soon emailed back to say we can not have telephone service for whatever reason............

"Thank you for your application for Virgin Media Services. Having checked
your address details, I can confirm that we are unable to supply your
address withe telephone..

However we are able to process your order for digi TV and bbi."
We need telephone line for emergencies so decide NOT to go with virgin, but to stay with BT and go for Sky.

04/05 MARCH 2007 - Rec. phone call from virgin media sales rep "RYAN” - he asks if we still want Virgin? we explain NO because they can not provide us with a telephone. He replies -will we still be interested if he can arrange for us to have telephone service? We agree yes. He says will come round with contract and sign us up. We agree to 9th March.

04/05-09 MARCH 2007. Rec. Several phone calls and voicemails from sales rep RYAN checking that we will be in at the arranged time, re-checking we are going to make a deal and putting pressure on us with lines like "You wont let me down now will you?". We are not happy about this sort of sales pressure but decide to proceed anyway.

09 MARCH. Sales rep. turns up at door; contract is agreed 3 for £30. Deposit of £35 is paid in cash to sales rep. Rep says we will be contacted Re: appointment times in due course. We advise sales rep that appointment must be a WEEKEND as work during the week. Sales Rep whistles off into sunset.

12 MARCH (DATED) ABOUT Rec. lots of mail welcoming us as a new Virgin customers including a letter advising us we will have free voicemail and it has been activated! Install date is a Wednesday! We can not do Weekdays. Call sales rep to say we had agreed a Weekend only! He asks us to call customer services to re-arrange the install date. Cheers for the help mate! Now he has our money he doesn’t care anymore. We call and Re-arrange a date eventually for 7th April afternoon. Almost a month later.

07 APRIL 5:30 pm - After staying in all afternoon waiting for the engineers a loud bang at the door. "Hi" I say” I take it you've come to install Virgin?"

"Well some of it" - the engineer replied!

“Oh - why not?”

“Well the telephone service - you ordered it’s not on our sheet so we can’t do it. And it’s a nice day so we want to get off early. This will be a quick job and we will arrange for someone else to come around and install the telephone line at a later date."

We had already waited ages at this point for the installation date so was eager to press ahead. The engineers made a sloppy job of fixing in the cables. They also mounted a Surge protector in a nice position so that the front door can bang into it every time our door is opened wide not to mention drilling half my doorframe off to pass a cable through. The worse part was though that one of the engineers had no top on, only his high viz vest. We agree it was a hot day that day, but surely these guys should wear a uniform? I was sitting there with my wife and kids in my living room whilst this half-naked Stinky sweaty engineer lied to me about not being able to install our telephone line, it was appalling. We called the sales rep again from a quiet corner to explain the engineers were not putting the Telephone line in - but to no avail they were off!

THROUGHOUT APRIL - We made several phone calls to the initial sales rep complaining that I still did not have a telephone service and please could he sort it out. He at first said he would try to help but never once actually got back to me.

We made several phone calls to virgin customer services to arrange for an engineer to come out and finally install our phone line around the beginning of MAY. The engineer of course did not show up, and when we called back to complain it transpired that we could not in-fact have a telephone line with Virgin after all. The advisor admits they can not supply us with a line as there was no capacity in our area.

WE ONLY TOOK ON VIRGIN ON THE CONDITION WE COULD HAVE A TELEPHONE LINE, THIS WAS PROMISSED BUT WE WERE ONLY TOLD WE COULD NOT HAVE ONE ONCE WE HAD SIGNED UP A CONTRACT.

We have had to have a refund for the telephone service we had already paid for - but did not receive.

And 2 months line rental rebate.

And downgraded our package to 2 for £20

The latest kick in the nuts is that we now do not have "TV choice on demand" as we are no longer on the 3 for £30 package.

We would just like to warn anyone thinking of having all 3 services installed to turn the engineer away at the door if they say they can only install the service partially - as the chances are that they will never get it installed at all.

We are of course following this all up with a formal complaint in accordance with OFCOM regulations. DONT GO WITH VIRGIN! WISH WE STAYED WITH BT AND WENT WITH SKY!

Some very dissatisfied customers!
:mad:

Mick Fisher
30-05-2007, 08:48
I must admit to not being in the least surprised by your experience.
However I can't understand why you persevere?
Afterall as VM patently cannot supply what they agreed to supply it would appear you cannot be held in breech of contract.
VOD generally is just a joke in bad taste. Mostly being unavailable, and to think VM now have the cheek to charge the lower tiers for this non service.
For TV, IMO you would deffo be better off with a Sky service.

lezwez
30-05-2007, 09:22
What about the refunds for the phone calls you made to complain all the pointless complaints due to lies should be refunded if complained again it can be done

30 quid on phone calls is alot

preacher
11-02-2008, 09:57
I was believing this post until I read this:
“And it’s a nice day so we want to get off early. This will be a quick job and we will arrange for someone else to come around and install the telephone line at a later date."
As if an engineer would admit to that.
Lies, all lies.

Kymmy
16-02-2008, 12:19
Oh, yet another rant about VM and how we should all go with BT/Sky. Now I wonder how many other websites have rants about how we should go with VM as SKY/BT are crap.

You've had a bad experience, cut your losses and run but why on earth do you think that the majority of us who have VM and have through our own choice decided that we're happy with VM will suddenly switch to another provider.

I hope you get a service that you;re happy with from whoever it may be.

Just a few comments though:

If you were that peeved off with them why has it taken 10 months for you to rant about it????????? <<<OK it has been pointed out to me that the post is 9 months old so this comment is bollox ;)>>>
Also you state very dissattisfied customers yet there's only one name on the your contract so only one dissatisfied customer.
If you weren;t happy with the engineer with no top on (though would you complain if it had been a girl with a bikin on???) then why did you let him in????

Gawd I really do dispair when people try to make the masses avoid something because they themselves didn't get what they wanted, That's like we all abstain from chocolate because someone somewhere didn't get any nuts in his bar!!!!!

Kymmy

Hugh
16-02-2008, 12:55
Kymmy

the post was in May 2007.

Kymmy
16-02-2008, 13:26
Kymmy

the post was in May 2007.

LOL, getting nearer to 40, so really should get my eyes tested :)

Though I really do hate these I HAD A PROBLEM SO NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE THEM posts :( If we all took notice then we simply would never use any service company and would still be living in the dark ages accusing people of witchcraft (but that's a whole other country and a whole other thread)

:) Thanks for pointing out my mistake :p

Kymmy

MovedGoalPosts
16-02-2008, 13:34
This is an old thread and issue that has somehow got bumped. Interesting that the OP hasn't returned to the site to give us any update. Anyway, let's move on, nothing to see here ;)